realme Buds Air 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 4,825
Review

Audio quality
: 6/10

They are doing a lot of auto adjustments while playing music. Something is really off to the extent that the same song sounds different on YouTube and Spotify. The least you can expect from an earphone is to sound consistent. Even while playing a song on Spotify, the soundstage and the quality of lows keep changing with each track.

If you are a basshead, you would like these.

Tip: Turn on Bass Boost+ and disable Volume Enhancer. Also, create a custom audio tuning profile.

Active noise cancellation: 6/10

It works, but it would work better if the eartips fit snugly in your ears. The earbuds design is not circular, it's freaking oval. I don't understand the logic behind it. But it's not providing a good seal in my case. So the ANC is rather ineffective to a great extent, but I can see it's doing something. In all honesty, the passive noise isolation of my OnePlus Wireless Z was better (because of good design) than what these earbuds have to offer with ANC.

Mic quality: garbage

There's absolutely no other way I can put it. It sounds like you'e in the washroom and taking a shower while talking.

Dual connectivity: works well. If a song is playing on my phone, and I play a YouTube video on my laptop, it swiftly switches to laptop and in a second or two of pausing the video, the playback from the phone resumes.

I am wondering if I was better off with a neckband. I guess I should start saving for AirPods 3, while waiting for these earbuds to die.

Last edited:
^did you update the firmeware?

Seriously im very surprised by your ANC feedback? When you say OP wireless z, is the neckband you are talking about? I've the same, still using it with my PC. There is day and night difference between realme and OP neckband in terms of noise cancellation. I hope ANC mode is On in realme.

Yeah, I have updated the firmware. It was anyways about AI microphone noise cancellation.

As I've mentioned above, ANC will be noticeable if the fit is snug. I cannot really judge it as it doesn't really fit well. I am pretty sure it works well.

8NMoSLC.webp

@smnrock When you turn the ANC on, can you hear the fan noise?

Last edited by a moderator:
My review can't be taken seriously as I am a case of uncommon ears, apparently. 🫠

In the pursuit of adjusting the buds properly I keep triggering the commands.

If you have uncommon ears, i'd stay away from Airpods, I bought the 3's recently and had to stop using them since they don't stay in my ear at all.

Using the largest tips. A bit uncomfortable, but does the job.

GOMqbG5.webp

@manu1991 I think AirPods Pro would be a better fit, as they've silicon tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the pros would be much better. Gen2 for them should be launched this year as well. It was a shame because the sound quality was really good, especially the spatial audio feature.

I have been using Denon ones for the last month and they are really good. Don't think they are available there though.

Well yeah, Apple has to introduce something revolutionary and exclusive to justify the high price tags.

I am assuming spatial audio is limited to Apple music?

Wo tou hoga hi. I am expecting AirPods 2 Pro to cost over 25k. Even 30k+

The only thing that amuses me is that no other company is able to offer better mic quality in TWS series. AirPods are terrible when you have noises around, it starts cancelling your own voice along with the ambience noises, but in a controlled environment it works quite well.

Oh man. I was about to buy one. 99% for calls over zoom. Will be used with both Mac and Android. After reading the review, won't be getting it now.

What other choices are there in the market? Looking at <10k INR. The cheaper the better.
Anybody tried Jabra?