Really Slow Download Speeds on Indinet/Siti Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter debanjan757
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 11,308
ISP
Indinet
Hi. So I have Indinet (Siti) broadband with a 120 Mbps symmetric connection. It works well on everything but downloading torrents. I've called them multiple times and they have confirmed that they don't throttle torrents. I get decent download speeds on normal downloads. But on torrents no matter what I do (port forward, nord or Pia VPN) my download speeds crawl to kBps range and very rarely max 1MBps~1.3 MBPS. My upload speeds on torrents are still somewhat decent. One more weird thing is that, the Ubuntu test file downloads fine at good speeds (sometimes when it doesn't, I use a VPN and start getting good speeds) but the torrents I KNOW are well seeded because my friends who are on different ISPs like alliance and wishnet downloaded them real fast, I got really really slow download speed even with a vpn connected. I even thought that they might be lying but how are they throttling torrent speeds while I am connected to a vpn? They don't throttle vpns as I have confirmed with speedtest. Upload speeds are still fine. Can someone please help me with this? I've been on this same ISP same connection for more than 6 years now and this is been happening for about 8-9 months. 8-9 months ago I was getting lots of request timed outs and since the LCO (Local Cable Operator) fixed it (also at that time my pc broke and I had to buy a new motherboard so that took some time as well), this started happening. Before that I never had this issue and up until 2017, they used to provide super fast speeds. I know that my ISP doesn't support local peering and caching anymore but I should atleast get the speeds I pay for. Every single torrent that I am trying to download has that issue other than Ubuntu.I was downloading a really well seeded torrent from a private tracker, my friend at the same time downloaded the torrent at 20 MBPS (he has alliance broadband). My other friend (his ISP does throttle torrents) with a VPN get's about 9-10 MBps download speed on his 80 Mbps package. On the same torrent my upload speed goes 10-11 MBps but my download speed crawls to 10-100 KBps and sometimes rarely up to 1.9 Mbps. And it's not only my PC, I have tried out on my friend's laptop, changing and rebooting router, heck even tried out on my phones. Same result. Because of this, I downgraded my plan from 250 Mbps to 120 Mbps last month because even when I had 250 Mbps, the p2p download speeds were pretty much the same. Two of my friends had alliance broad band and one of them had to move out and shift houses. Now he is also stuck with Siti/Indinet broadband and he is also getting the same speeds as me. Thing is that I can't get an ISP like alliance or hathway Hfiber or wishnet because of my house position ;-; to get a different ISP, I have to change my house and move out to a different place but I don't have money for that lol. I have a TP-Link archer c9 and an archer c6. I use the c9 most of the time. I have a windows 10 pro 64 bit PC and I use windows defender. TLDR, Only Ubuntu torrent downloads at about 4-5 MBps. Everything else crawls under 50-100 KBps.

Try NordVPN http proxy on your torrent client

i might be completely wrong here. i have been facing a lot of speed issues on public trackers at my end for the last couple of days. your isp probably cannot control torrent traffic over a VPN in any case. i would suggest testing with private trackers.

As I mentioned before, this has been going on for about 8-9 months and I have tried out downloading both from a public and a private tracker.

alright. my bad. i have been struggling to find the reason for slowdown at my end. it is very likely that 1 3 3 7 trackers are messed up currently. but i would have read about it somewhere.

@debanjan757 Check if your route goes through Tata Communications. If yes, then ask your LCO to shift your connection to Airtel route. This is common issue in tata, it ain't peered well or what no idea.

alright. my bad. i have been struggling to find the reason for slowdown at my end. it is very likely that 1 3 3 7 trackers are messed up currently. but i would have read about it somewhere.
No problem bruh. Just trying to figure this shit out.

@debanjan757 Check if your route goes through Tata Communications. If yes, then ask your LCO to shift your connection to Airtel route. This is common issue in tata, it ain't peered well or what no idea.
That seems like a good thing to check. Thanks man. But how do I check it tho? I am sorry I am a noob in these sort of stuff.

I did it. Can't seem to find the origin of these IPs on google tho.
ldPSari.png