Reality Of The Current Situation That Airtel Is In

• Thread starter Thread starter ultra vires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 5,401
ISP
MTNL 749NU
Wohoo back after almost an year to this forum...Just thought that i will let u guys on the info b4 i leave airtel for good..Reasons for leaving airtel :1) Uber slow speeds.2) Latency has gone nuts after being shifted to new 122 ip rangeWtf is wrong with airtel ??well the answer is that they have sold connections to way too many users . there DSLAM's cant handle and the copper they use cant provide 2Mbps connection. When they tried setting up a 2Mbps connection the link started fading on and off.Now the management is adamant about rolling out 2Mbps but there tech department keeps telling them that the infrastructure cant support it. They have started to acquire Ericsson equipment (earlier they had siemens) .. but still its a long way ahead b4 they can give u stable speeds...

i can admit airtel's browsing speeds are slow. but i tend to touch 25-30 during daytime on download managers. so atleast i am not on 1:2 ratio on airtel. someone give me anything big to download to see what speeds i am getting right now on download manager. 🙂

Latency is a problem, speeds are around 25 - 30 kbps, but tell me is there any other better option ?It makes you wonder why the big bosses at Airtel decided to lay an infrastructure that cannot handle expansion in terms of both the number of users and increase in speeds. Did they decide that 256 was all that Indians needed ? Were they not planning to expand ?

What tech is used by Airtel? I think they use DSL not even ADSL. I think they need to upgrade to ADSL2+ like MTNL to give 2mbps.

That would be a case of just changing the back-end, no ?How big & powerful that is determines how fast your speed will be. Big & powerful == expensive. Wait for some time, things get cheaper.I think you are being hasty with dumping Airtel, who do you switch to ? MTNL..If you don't need unlimited quota (cos there ain't much diff between the 2 in this regard), then i guess u will be fine.

@ultra vires:Tat, why ? wat are the charges for installation and the monthly rental ? wat is their policy about the dsl modem?@sushubh: Yeah 24-26 Kb/s in daytime and 48-52 KB/s in the night after 11pm is wat i get too on private torrents.Airtel upgrading their infrastructure ? lol, didn't they know this when they started out couple of years back, that they would require better wires to provide higher speeds in the very near future ?

latency for the bsnk broadband kinda sucks big time here.. tata.. well.. it kinda depends on the people around ur area.. if they suck.. tata will.. the only thing guaranteed is the good awesome speeds that u get.. as long as the link is up.. which from my experience.. is like 15days in a month..

I got the latency checked in my area..seems to be fine and uptime lately have been good...Letz see what happens... (airtel is of no use to me ... pathetic speeds with uber high pings is like being on a Dial-up and i aint paying them for 1000ms latency to indian gaming servers 😡 )