• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,693

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,If I am correct then re-writable dual layer DVDs (DL 8.5 GB) are not available in the market? Am I correct here? Thanks

A dual-layer DVD+RW specification was approved in March 2006 with a capacity of 8.5 GB.[2] However, manufacturing support for rewritable dual-layer discs did not materialize due to cost and expected competition from newer formats such as Blu-ray, which provides up to 25 GB on a single layer.
DVD+RW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi,

If I am correct then re-writable dual layer DVDs (DL 8.5 GB) are not available in the market? Am I correct here? Thanks

No, Its available in the Market, I bought it for Rs. 25. But the main disadvantage is if I try to write the content out of 5 DVD, 2 will gives Error, so i stopped buy DL DVD.

No, Its available in the Market, I bought it for Rs. 25. But the main disadvantage is if I try to write the content out of 5 DVD, 2 will gives Error, so i stopped buy DL DVD.

I guess you're again talking about DVD-R DL, which is not rewritable. The talk is about DVD-RW DL.

no use of these rw dvd's...............written on it is that can be used 1000 times or something..................but every time they got ****ed up in 5 times max and sometimes less..........Sony or moserbaer i am talking about.:Shoot:

no use of these rw dvd's...............written on it is that can be used 1000 times or something..................but every time they got ****ed up in 5 times max and sometimes less..........Sony or moserbaer i am talking about.:Shoot:

Very true. I still have some lying in my drawer. Even scratchless RWs can no longer be burned again. Have completely stopped using optical media now.

Its been quite a while since I used CDs/DVDs on my PC...

And the next day I get a request to burn a couple of CDs