Re;iance 3G has max of 28mbps??? or 21.1 mbps??

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,650
Status
Not open for further replies.

sean1880

Regular
ISP
tata docomo gsm, mtnl
why are they advertising during worldcup that they have a speed of 28 mbps...???isn't it 21.1 mbps max...or is it that i have lost my sense of distinguishing some sounds with age??:O

In short: Doesn't matter because I am never going to buy any reliance product. BTW, you are not alone who heard 28 Mbps... either they have got some research to back it up or they don't care as long as people buy their product...

Their network is scalable to support speeds upto 28Mbps, but thats going to be 2-3 yrs before we get those speeds in affordable plans. I am using their 2gb data plan in data card & when I landed up in Mumbai, I was getting speeds upto 6.8Mbps for a short while, I was traveling on highway.Other companies will have to upgrade their network hardware whereas they already have it in place that s why they are advertising it.

28 mbps is selected areas like mumbai suburb, Delhi, bangalore, hyderabad and ROI - 21.1 mbps...

why are they advertising during worldcup that they have a speed of 28 mbps...???isn't it 21.1 mbps max...or is it that i have lost my sense of distinguishing some sounds with age??:O

Because this is India and companies are free to lie in their ads.

Do not get confused between 21.1 and 28 mbps because speed will never go up to that point. Leave only in 256 kbps which is nationally accepted by people and it is also bound by ISP.
No one can do in this case.

you can only dream of 28 mbps if you are the only user for the given tower. Many point out at a number of factors like distance from tower,backhaul this that...but the most important is the simultaneous user number. If there are a lot of torrent downloaders than expect yourself to be doomed. And this is the reason why there are no unlimited plans in 3G. Bsnl has already faced the wrath of unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.