Re: Home Combo 900

riders4siam

I'm a newbie here and would like to express my problems regarding my broadband connection. For the past 6 months, i am quit satisfied with the speed i've got. But the very disappointing incident was that after that 6 months, my download speed reduce to 35 kbps at maximum and 26 average and its been for 3 months already. Have already complained to the staff but they said it's fine with the speed. I don't know what to do. What is the download speed i could get if i change my plan to ULD 750? Please i need advice from all of you.

essbebe

Regulars
Check your speed here.
My Broadband Speed - Broadband Speed Tester
Ask Technical staff in Broadband section to change the Port.
Higher speed of 4 Mbps 512KB/sec is download upto 8GB
30MB/min 1.8 GB/hour approx.( *conditions apply )
( can complete quota d/l in approx 4 to 5 hours )

Thereafter speed reduced to 256Kbps or 32KB/sec
( same 8GB in approx 64 to 80 hours )
Free telephone calls 400.
.:Unlimited Home Only:.

Home 750.combo u/l
You get speed 512 Kbps 64 KB/sec. You will not get free calls.
Main tariff page:
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

essbebe

Regulars
Check in your selfcare portal WHEN the tariff plan was effected.
Seems you are on a 256Kbps tariff plan . and paying money for a higher speed plan,
for which PORT change has not been made till date.

A personal visit to the Exchange needed.
or make an ONLINE complaint.
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

BB Home Combo ULD 900
4Mbps upto 8 GB, ( speed 512KB/sec)
256 Kbps beyond 8 GB ( speed 32KB/sec)
Check speed here to know time taken to download at different speeds.
AIRTEL SPEED TEST ( Java required)

riders4siam

Check in your selfcare portal WHEN the tariff plan was effected.
Seems you are on a 256Kbps tariff plan . and paying money for a higher speed plan,
for which PORT change has not been made till date.

A personal visit to the Exchange needed.
or make an ONLINE complaint.
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

BB Home Combo ULD 900
4Mbps upto 8 GB, ( speed 512KB/sec)
256 Kbps beyond 8 GB ( speed 32KB/sec)
Check speed here to know time taken to download at different speeds.
AIRTEL SPEED TEST ( Java required)

i think you didn't get my point, my actual download speed was 260 kbps average from the date of connection till 6 months (downloaded upto 5 gbs per day) and i was happy and satisfied, but then 30 kbps average after the 6 month till date (downloaded 300 mb or less per day)

riders4siam

i think you didn't get my point, my actual download speed was 260kbps average from the date of connection till 6 months (downloaded upto 5GBs per day) and was quite happy and satisfied, but then after the 6 months over got only 30kbps average (downloaded 300mb or less per day) till date and its been over 3 months now. what do you suggest?

xmen360

Regular
Regulars
^ which plan are you presently on ?Many a times they forget to place you in the proper plan. I remember there was a problem with my plan wherein I was having H500Combo with 1.5GB limit (i used to pay 500+ for that) yet their billing used to consider my plan as H600Combo with 2.5GB limit. I used to go over 2GB for like 6 months or so and still was paying bill of 500+ and not 600+. Then suddenly they fixed their shit and billed me 3800+ for one bill. I guess that was the above usage which they had skimped due to their billing error. So they aggregated all the past months excess amounts which I was due and sent me a loaded bill :Kill:

riders4siam

^ which plan are you presently on ?

Many a times they forget to place you in the proper plan. I remember there was a problem with my plan wherein I was having H500Combo with 1.5GB limit (i used to pay 500+ for that) yet their billing used to consider my plan as H600Combo with 2.5GB limit. I used to go over 2GB for like 6 months or so and still was paying bill of 500+ and not 600+. Then suddenly they fixed their shit and billed me 3800+ for one bill. I guess that was the above usage which they had skimped due to their billing error. So they aggregated all the past months excess amounts which I was due and sent me a loaded bill :Kill:

As you can see the Title, Home Combo 900, i guess we are the same

riders4siam

Yup as essbebe mentioned you should get upto 4mbps for first 8GB and then 256kbps (32KB/s) for the remainder of the month. Even with 32KB/s you should be able to download at 100MB/hour and not 300MB/day. You should switch to UL750 plans .:Unlimited Home Only:. with that you will be able to download around 4.8GB per day.

yes, that was the plan tariff but you can see the above post i got hardly 300mb per day and downloading a 700mb movies took 2 and a half days. above all, my monthly download/upload statistic from utorrent was like 150gbs per month since from connection till 6 months