RComm to launch undersea cable system 'Hawk': Sources

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,624
RComm to launch undersea cable system 'Hawk': Sources - CNBC-TV18 -

I wonder if this would help us by reducing the congestion 🙂

What congestion? There's over 20Tbit/s of free capacity at the moment.

Lol. Well some MTNL senior babus were telling me that there is congestion hence the inconsistent speeds some of us face now a days, I guess he was Bull...ting me 🙁

Lol. Well some MTNL senior babus were telling me that there is congestion hence the inconsistent speeds some of face now a days, I guess he was Bull...ting me 🙁

MTNL themselves might have congestion, but that would be simply because they have not purchased enough bandwidth on their side, although I strongly doubt this based on the contention ratios that they are claiming. As such, I suspect it's more a lack of adequate caching that is causing higher than necessary stress on the links from MTNL to the rest of the world.

RCom’s global arm to launch undersea cable

Whoops. FE got it's bits & bytes wrong.

Pity that this won't affect India much, but it'll do wonders for Cyprus (probably Greek Cyprus... Turkish Cyprus probably not so much).

Whoops. FE got it's bits & bytes wrong.

Pity that this won't affect India much, but it'll do wonders for Cyprus (probably Greek Cyprus... Turkish Cyprus probably not so much).

I have a vague idea about the Greek and Turkish Cyprus' being different worlds, but i am intrigued about why the availability of enhanced broadband infrastructure would benefit one more than the other, is there a technical reason for this or is it merely a geopolitical consequence? If the latter, i couldn't care less, but would definitely want to learn more otherwise.

I have a vague idea about the Greek and Turkish Cyprus' being different worlds, but i am intrigued about why the availability of enhanced broadband infrastructure would benefit one more than the other, is there a technical reason for this or is it merely a geopolitical consequence? If the latter, i couldn't care less, but would definitely want to learn more otherwise.

Geopolitical, mostly. They are, for all intensive purposes, separate countries.