RCom 4G LTE has gone live in multiple cities throughout the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
RCom and Tata both didn't want to provide a wired connection to my apartment. RCom Netconnect+ provided a more stable connection than the BSNL wired connection that was the 'default' wired ISP for my building. Airtel a few days ago offered a wired internet connection but their 72 hours of installation after receiving papers is up and I'm not certain that the wiring will reach my bed room.

RCom also had an abusive manager/supervisor at the nearest outlet (which is closed down) so they have extra negative points in my mind for that.

Incase I get a wired Airtel connection to my bedroom, I may switch my primary mobile call network from RCom to Airtel even though RCom has better call reception. RCom doesn't provide micro sims much less nano sims and I'd need a nano sim if I get a 2GB RAM phone from Samsung (Galaxy A5).

I personally prefer a brand provider to a commodity provider even if the internet is a utility service. In the long run, brand providers (Airtel) seem to win against commodity providers (RCom) in more developed markets.

@Steve_1982

Rcom does provide both kinds of sims. In fact all new GSM sims are precut for all sizes. Moreover you can cut the current sim by yourself too [emoji14]

@x720, when I switched over from RCom CDMA to GSM a few years ago, all I got was a mini sim and the shop that I bought the phone from had to cut the mini sim to a micro sim size. What I was trying to say in the post is that Airtel seems to be the more forward looking company even though RCom provides a better service at the technical level.

A few years ago, every provider had mini SIMs and that was it. I got my RCOM 4G SIM, and they were precut for all sizes including an adapter. I would say that SIM size would be a bad reason to switch providers, especially since you can get them cut to make them smaller or get an adapter to make them bigger, all for the price of some popcorn.

That is disgusting. At least throttle it to 1-2Mb/s.

@ fairusagepfft, Exactly, All these IPS in india are making us fools with 1gb 2gb,10 gb,20 gb plans, in this digital world how can you ask that much price ranging from 1200-1800 rs for mere 10 gb etc,

For me this is just lotting, nothing more !!

What i am sayings is at least give an 1Mbps or even 512 kbps, 144 kbps won't load sh&t for a minute i believe, and the 25gb which they give can vapor so fast because these days all the websites use so much data with pictures and etc.

Still, they are the game makers, what can we say ?

I get up to 230 kbps (144 kbps if downloading from Steam) after FUP on RCom Netconnect+ but it is nowhere near as good as a wired 256 kbps connection was. QOS or some setting seems to be off since pre-FUP wireless 1mbps gives more than 4x the stability/clarity of wireless 256 kbps.

Edit:
I use a group video chat program called 'Camfrog' (32 GB of data a month goes on that) and wired 256 kpbs had much better video and audio than wireless 256 kbps.

Second Edit:
The worst part about post FUP was that extra data packs stopped working at the start of this year. After FUP, I had to manually move to slow speed mode to get any internet and no data pack worked.

Last edited:
So my 4G just started working. Just started my Wi-Pod randomly and noticed the green light come on, it was such a shock.

AX91TsJ.jpg

Here's my speedtest results:

5454997960.png

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

If anyone would like me to test anything else, please do let me know.

Last edited:
Is it possible to check the band it is connected to

Also which location, city are you from
I basically want to understand if RCom is using Jio or their own network

City is Nagpur. I can't find any option to see the band in the admin panel for the Wi-Pod. It is connected to the rcomnet APN if that helps.

My Wi-Pod is the device that is working, and I'm scared if I turn it off and plug it into a 4G phone, I might jinx it. I'll give it a shot anyway.

you have to install that application on mobile nothing going to wrong with your device 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.