Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Reliance Communications set to launch 4G services across India in phases - The Economic Times

Reliance Communications is set to launch 4G services on its own across India in phases, starting mid-August from the key circles of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and will gradually leverage its sharing agreement with Reliance Jio Infocomm as clearances come through.

RCom "is also set to wrap up tests relating to lawful interception & monitoring (LIM) of its 4G network", completion of which will trigger the 4G launches, one of the persons said. It has also concluded LIM-related tests in 15 circles, and expects to wrap up the exercise in all 22 regions by June 20.

In the first flush, RCom will launch 4G services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, UP-East and UP-West, these people said. RCom now holds liberalised airwaves in the 800 MHz band across all 22 circles.

Why the fuck are they selling the WiPods right now if they plan to launch it only in August! The WiPods can't even fallback onto a 3G/2G network. Moreover, 3 months of warranty will go waste:swear:.

the only reason i see is rcom waits for jio to announce its tariff plans as the preview offer ends in aug and only then they can announce their tariffs as the tariff of both the services will have to be almost the same else one of them will get abandoned

I was on RCDMA with 2 yr advance rental plan. 1 year is still left and my sim is migrated to the so called "4G".
However at my home it only latch on "E" (2G) which is equal to "No data connection". you cant open a single website on Reliance 2G.
Outside home it shows H/H+ but most of the time speed is 512 kbps to 1 mbps.
However the voice quality is good.
There is no 4G at all, which may be launched in august.

Last edited:
So, they made our CDMA phones non-functional for almost like half a month, made us buy new phones and new dongles, and told us that the 4G will be launched by 3rd/4th June. And then later it was postponed to 15th. And now it is postponed by 2 whole months. This is incredible. Why do what they did to people if you weren't ready to launch for several more months?

I'm not debating whether using the spectrum for LTE was a wise decision or not, but once that decision was made, what choice did they have?

Only once CDMA was decommissioned could 4G trials begin. The only thing that bothers me is that LTE ICR with Jio doesn't seem to be in place.

India's fourth largest telco expects clearances from the telecom department on its sharing deal with Jio in eight circles in a week to 10 days, having already got approval for nine others previously. RCom has also received clearances to trade, or sell, its spectrum in nine circles to Jio for some Rs 4,800 crore, and plans to extend that pact to four more service areas for roughly Rs 1,000 crore, people familiar with the matter told ET.

Rcom has put "Reliance 4G" as operator name. so even in 2G mode, operator name will be same.

we are reaching a stage where in a few years these devices would no longer be supported.

with the kind of tariff uploaded on rcom website, only handful customers will remain on Reliance. huge percentage of
CDMA customers have already ported out.
I have 1 year of Zero plan left, and now getting 4G network with speed 8-12 mbps. No modification in plan as of now but we never know when they put a cap on data.

Status
Not open for further replies.