RBI asks HDFC to stop sourcing new credit card after multiple digital failures

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,758
ISP
BSNL
The RBI has advised the bank to – firstly temporarily stop all launches of its digital business generating activities planned under Digital 2.0 and other proposed business generating IT applications, and secondly halt sourcing of new credit card customers.

A few explanations in this article 🥴

I hope this serves as a wake up call for them. They have become far to complacent & smug/arrogant. When customers bring a problem in their system to their notice they try to treat the customer like an idiot & they are the repository of all knowledge & wisdom. They are many problems in their system but they always try to fob it off as a misunderstanding by the customer. Meaning the customer is ALWAYS wrong. The sad part in most banks, is that employees maybe good bankers ( I hope) but they have v little knowledge of their company systems.

Last edited:
The sad part in most banks, is that employees maybe good bankers ( I hope) but they have v little knowledge of their company systems.
This is so much true for SBI. The people at the bank were super helpful in assisting to fix a failed merchant emi conversion.

But no matter how many times they've tried to contact the SBI credit card people, somewhere in mumbai, they couldn't fix it. They were completely hopeless that you can feel their helplessness.

@Adithya I guess this happens in all banks as the back office bumkins let down the staff in the branch who sadly have to face the flak from the uninitiated customers.
Off Topic: Thats why I always blunty ask " who do I talk to when things go wrong " the answers are illuminating.

The sad part in most banks, is that employees maybe good bankers ( I hope) but they have v little knowledge of their company systems.
This is especially true for private banks Private banks want only sales people those have good knowledge in computer systems but have poor sales record gets fired

Scheduled Maintenance!
Dear Customer,
Due to scheduled maintenance, loan related services will not be available on HDFC Bank NetBanking, from 09:00 PM (IST) on 21st Aug'21 to 03:00 PM (IST) on 22nd Aug'21. We regret the inconvenience caused. .
Warm Regards,
HDFC Bank