• Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 29,747

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I noticed a live rat in my car's boot today.

Spent two hours finding it but failed.

Took it to washers. They used that pressurized air thingy for 30 minutes. No luck.

It is still somewhere inside the car because I still can find new shit on the floor mat.

Anyone here had a similar experience?

There is a mega thread at Team BHP related to this problem (mostly related to mice cutting wiring in the bonnet!

How do you protect your car from rats? - Page 36 - Team-BHP

Would try some of the remedies mentioned there. But there is little hope.

Hehe, never heard this thing to have happened with anyone.

i thought the same before i landed on that thread on team bhp. i was actually confused whether to start the thread there because it just feels so freaking mmm strange!

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

anyways. i have a mouse trap in the dickey.

the washing at a service station was pretty thorough. the dude used that pressurized air blower pretty much everywhere inside the car.

if i was a rat, the sound would have been enough to drag me out.

it would take a while before i can tell myself that there is no rat in that bloody car!

i should probably go and check if the mouse trap worked.

if not, it would be a good time to replace the piece of chapati with a cheese.

damn rats these days. roti is not yummy enough.

well. noticed some rat shit on the carpet last night. after i got it thoroughly cleaned. it might be leftover from before. or it could be new shit! i am not being very optimistic about it. 😀

put a dummy cat! 😀 but it might get chewed as well 😀

haha. guess. so.

leaving to check the mouse trap. then would drive to my ciggie guy and would see if he has tobacco leaves. this was one of the suggestions. 😀

now my car would smell of ciggies even when i do not smoke inside it!

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

argh. now the car is stinky enough to drive me out. let's hope it drives the invisible rat out too.

Hah, you deleted that post, now noone will understand my joke!

We had the same problem. We found that the rat was not living in the car throughout the day , but rather taking food from the garbage can nearby & spending some time eating there (and maybe staying in the night) . A neighbour also was facing same issue.We tried different methods, but finally the problem stopped only when we managed to move the car to a different parking slot in the apartment complex further away from the garbage can. A car service engineer told us that only some cars had an opening/gap for the mouse to enter,when we enquired why not other cars are effected

crap. i do not think my society would allow me to park my car at some other location. i would ask around though.