Has anybody brave enough seen this version of Sholay err...Aag?Post any review comments here (no one-liners please)

I haven't seen it and don't plan to either. If you want to watch a RGV film, watch Rangeela, Satya, Company or Bhoot. Every other movie of his is rubbish (or comes very close to it).As far as remaking Sholay is concerned, it would be easier to pull your teeth out one by one. It can't be done. Not by RGV and not by anyone else. Pritish Nandy is paying USD 100 million for a ton of rights for Sholay remakes and stuff. He is going to have a very expensive egg on his face.

not at all, after some month it will come on tv , then i may see it,no brains only money, thats why so many remakes, no one wants to sit andthink of something new, i can but i dont have money,and people,the only world class remake was devdas, because it had that everlastingstory. i missed it in theater because of stupid friends.

i think it was too good, edit (devdas)

umm aag is total crap. there is no chemistry between:

heeero and raj
babban and inspector
heeero and ghoonghroo
raj and sushmita sen

The only good thing is Urmila who looks hot in the song. and there is a 3-4 second interaction between abhishek and amitabh which was quite cool...

during the song babban jumps in trying to do some dance steps. he does not look too good. so abhishek jumps in to teach babban some dance steps. the dance steps you would usually relate to mr. bachchan 🙂

i am downloadin it and will tell u abt it 2morrow evening.till then keep guessin.

Saw Rajeev Masand's review of the film on Now Showing today. He tore it apart and actually threw an egg at the camera to wrap it up. Very funny.

hah. i read it in metro now that amitabh went out of the hall midway during the screening for the actors in the movie. the article said that he was excited at first. ok by the middle. totally disgusted after that 😀incidentally no one from the movie itself had seen the final version until it was screened for them 😀

urmila was not lookin hotshe was lookin VULGAR!!The movie SUXX as it was expected to.Even Ramu has admitted that he was "nuts to attempt Sholay".And I agree!Only Ramu films I've liked till date are Kaun and Sarkar

Ab tak Chhappan is nice also. Very realistic without any nonsense.RGV is going through a troll phase. Hope he recovers his earlier form.

No troll phase this. He has gone seriously astray. Every director has some genres that he is an absolute master of. For RGV, these are underworld-related movies and horror films. Rangeela was a great exception. A film should stay with the viewer a decade after he has watched it. Then the director has succeeded at his job.

Anybody can make crap. It does not need a person of the caliber of RGV to do this. RGV, wake up and give us a good film once every five years. We do not expect rubbish from you. Personally, it irritates the hell out of me.

On August 31, 2007, Varma's production company (popularly known as "Factory") released Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, a remake of the Bollywood blockbuster,Sholay. It stars Amitabh Bachchan as the villain, Gabbar Singh as well as Ajay Devgan who plays "Heero," the equivalent of "Veeru" by Dharmendra in the original Sholay. The movie opened to universally bad reviews criticizing almost everything from acting to cinematography to the soundtrack. Perhaps the strongest amongst all his critics was one man who sent a SMS containing highly derogatory remarks about the movie which RGV himself admitted and is alleged to have repented his decision in making this flop remake of the epic film [Sholay]. The contents of the SMS which shook RGV were: -
"Hi Sir. To call Aag a piece of junk would be demeaning junk. What happened to the colours of Rangeela and the grit of Satya? No clear story, meaningless script, obsession with dark lighting, weak screenplay, and songs that are too high-pitched and outdated............ - Ram Gopal Varma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heh you guys should have checked out the interview in one of the papers. i think mid day or was it metro now... he was practically cursing himself! darling and shabri should bring him back on track. go? another crap.