rain blackout is worst in d2h!

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 11,093
ISP
airtel
man i had airtel for 2 years or so and it was amazing even with in thhe rain , pic would blackout for few seconds or so at first and then come back even while raining reasonably good .
but with d2h its 1st day of rain and already 30 min + blackout already, why the hell so difference in rain blackout in both ? how doesn it change by dth provider , i do not get it , but it does i think

airtel dth sucks. Period.
If it is raining heavily where their NOC is located, you are bound to face disruptions in service, no matter who the provider is. I wonder where d2h's NOC is

Sure. Local weather affects down link. But, not as much. Up link is what really matters. If its raining at both (noc and you're place) you're done for 😛

ok atleast you admitted that local weather affects😀 , i was talking about that only, why would i talk about weather at noc btw?

Because, its possible that videocon's noc is an area that has more frequent rainfall than airtel's.

My experience has been the contrary. My connection holds up even during heavy rains. When it does black out, it is usually back pretty fast. The longest disruption I've faced has been less than 10 mins.

Because, its possible that videocon's noc is an area that has more frequent rainfall than airtel's.
Noc if not near ncr then I do not get it why the hell blackout will happen just when there is raining near my area :wacko:Think about it, what are chances

What's an NOC, I noticed it being mentioned a couple times here. It's hard to keep up with the abbreviations sometimes.

Noc if not near ncr then I do not get it why the hell blackout will happen just when there is raining near my area :wacko:Think about it, what are chances
Rain in your area😀ownlink is disrupted. Can lead to short outages.Rain at NOC:Uplink is disrupted. Major service issues. Can be reduced somewhat by increasing tx power.Rain at both:You're doomed. It could already be raining at the noc, and then it starts raining it your place; thats what I'm saying.What's an NOC, I noticed it being mentioned a couple times here. It's hard to keep up with the abbreviations sometimes.
Network Operations Centre No Objection Certificate

I have Airtel HD. And my experience this year (and last year as well) is worst. Airtel looses signal even in slight rain. I am facing outage in hours, and my connection is just 2 years old.
I mostly loose HD channels even if there is slight cloud cover.

rak007 said:
Using D2H here and faced blackout twice today due to rains here.Pune location if anyone cares.
Infact I havent got any downtime whatsoever with heavy rains. Im also located in Pune for the record. I have heard that D2H has the best tolerance in inclement weather.

ishaan said:
man i had airtel for 2 years or so and it was amazing even with in thhe rain , pic would blackout for few seconds or so at first and then come back even while raining reasonably good .
but with d2h its 1st day of rain and already 30 min + blackout already, why the hell so difference in rain blackout in both ? how doesn it change by dth provider , i do not get it , but it does i think
Write to them through their FB page or through Twitter. They will help you for sure.

The so called NOC will never get disrupted by rains or other usual weather conditions. They use huge multi point dish for this purposes & up linking to the satellite is a very big deal costing in millions of dollars !
P.S: Even my 6 feet dish can withstand any weather condition for indian satellites for that matter, so simply installing a bigger dish can improve your reception during rains. My D2H also suffers greatly during rains, need to move it to my other 6 feet dish which otherwise isn't being used at the moment
Dish used by DTH companies for UPLINK are more like this big :
http://youtu.be/H_scYwvROe0
*Check this out for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_television#Technology
xerxes said:
Infact I havent got any downtime whatsoever with heavy rains. Im also located in Pune for the record. I have heard that D2H has the best tolerance in inclement weather.

aniketpanchal said:
Write to them through their FB page or through Twitter. They will help you for sure.
I tried to talk to D2H customer care & the service guy who visited us ... in their opinion every DTH network's reception is the same & does get interrupted when it rains, they weren't even willing to fine tune the dish again, i did it myself to get better results