Railwire Installation Charges 5800 Rupees? Wireless Setup... How much you paid?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChrisM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 11,985
I was eagerly waiting to switch my ISP and finally they are providing connections but when I called regarding Installation charges, they told "58 me padega lagbhag" I asked 58 what, "5800" I was like 😛unch: Anyone else who bought Wireless one, can you please tell about installation and wireless device cost? I don't need router etc. Just their CPE to access service.

Man, they don't have plans for providing through fiber and only wireless and they want to charge too much.

Sometimes I feel, peoples like these won't let RailWire spread to All over India.

How much you guys think I should pay him if I go for Railwire? I will wait for Reliance 4G till April then I will think but most probably I will stick with BSNL. Private LCO so I can't trust on reliability.

I opted for Railwire conn. few weeks before. My connection costs 3500/- +1030 for Recharge(4mbps) and he told me to refund 50% upon disconnection.
At the time of installation he mounted UBNT CPE but due to distance the max speed was going approx 2.3mbps. After he recognized this, he gave me P2P connection with a much Better CPE (Airmax M2HP) now I am getting promised speed.
Best thing about 3500 is that, he provided me best service. The previous CPE costs around 2999 on Amazon, and he even told me to buy your own CPE and we will lower the cost. But in case I have bought that one, they would have not changed my device to P2P. So better to go with them. Coz if you buy your own CPE you can get in trouble because they won't touch your connection after that.

Coming to your cost of 5800. I guess this is too much. Just clarify about the device and their policy before getting connection. Make sure to take a demo of your desired speed. Actually Railwire has given their franchisee to LCO and they just ask for money depending upon user's requirement. The installation and device charge goes directly to LCO public and you can not do anything about this.
My brother got 1mbps connection @ 1500 only including device & installation .
If you have different LCO in your city providing railwire, I would suggest you to ask him about the same.

I opted for Railwire conn. few weeks before. My connection costs 3500/- +1030 for Recharge(4mbps) and he told me to refund 50% upon disconnection.

My brother got 1mbps connection @ 1500 only including device & installation .
If you have different LCO in your city providing railwire, I would suggest you to ask him about the same.
In 1500 wireless connection? Means he only took security amount. Good one, only one for now so I will ask if the can provide same to me.