Railwire Broadband: New cheaper plans with more bandwidth

USED TO GET 9.7-10 MOST OF THE TIMES, BUT SOME TIMES 4-5

@venkateshs In 10 Mbps plan you will get 10 Mbps up and down. Powercut that depends upon your LCO, if he has a backup generator and then you will get uninterrupted connection. Switch plans- you can't do that in a middle of the cycle. Only after your bill cycle is over.

Actually, my LCO said after first 3 months you can change your plan whenever you like, even in the middle of the cycle.

@deepakjgb calling BS over it. I changed my plan on 2nd month after getting the connection.

And many people have reported here that plan can be changed in middle of cycle but you need to pay the full amount of new plan. Its just that not many LCO know about it and needs a lot of convincing.

Railwire 50mbps plan for Karnataka. Pata nahi Haryana ka number kab aaye ga 🙁
f01e4af268.png

yes they recently added 20, 25, 50mbps plan to Karnataka. There are many state where 20 and 25mbps plan are already brought up. Hope to see such plan in Haryana too.

fup is too small for for 50mbps plan also post fup speed is also not good however its better then most isp

ISP's should have prepaid hour plans. Example 10mbps 100 hours.
Once paid you can use your 100 hours as you wish and top-up whenever you choose to.
This type of plans will be great for users who want to access internet only when needed to.

@gambit By that logic lets say you are a freelance or some worker who is heavly dependent on job notification or some sort of alert like when your program bugs out it sends a notification .. now the user needs to stay connected 24x7 and by your logic he/she has used a 10mbps 100hr connection in 4 days with just megabytes of transfer. He/she might fully utilize that 10mbps connection for some time but for rest of the time it will sit idle and precious hours will be wasted.

I sort of understand what you want but it will hurt user more than help.

@TheEvdoUser I didn't mean 100 hours in real-time so no, users wont need to stay connected 24x7 and user wont use up connection in 4 days.
With this type of plan i can choose to use internet today for 2 hours and later for 3 hours next week for example and only 5 hours out of 100 hours will be used up.

Last edited:
There are two types of internet users.

1. Those who use internet

2. Downloaders who want to clone every torrent site online