RailWire Broadband - Cancerous Services & Worst Behaviour!

• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,987
ISP
JioFiber
Hi there!

So, I've been using RailWire Fiber since September 2020 and my experience have been poor, whether it is service quality, customer service or their behaviour towards customers. So, I just wanted to let others know about it.

I'm currently having Rs. 999 plan which offers unlimited data at 100 Mbps, however, mostly my speed stays around 60Mbps to RailTel servers and around 20-40Mbps in others' servers in Speed Test. Downloading speed is good only for Google servers and a few servers from which they have peering.

There have been numerous issues I've been facing all the time or at times.

It includes slow speed only in PC for specific services (like YT, Prime Video etc.) for some time or slow upload speed in Windows (which solved after they changed gateway to Mumbai).

Currently, I'm facing slow speed and packet loss in most servers. I have been facing packet loss even to the gateway IP address (100.88.0.1).

I tried complaining to LCO, he said everybody is facing these issues, besides my connection have great quality from his side (as optical input power is -8.9).

Tried complaining to RailWire customer service in different ways, nothing seems to help. Yesterday, someone fron RW took remote access to my PC to test speed and all and while he saw just 20Mbps to their own servers, he was just busy messing up with my browser settings, even though I told him I face same issues in phone.

Their CG/Odisha MSP thinks we're not paying enough and we do not DESERVE to complaint about these issues. And most importantly, he won't help me with issues regarding gaming as it is useless.

MSP just keep on telling me time... first it was 1 week... after that he said wait for 2 weeks.. then 15 days.. now asking to wait for 2 months. And even after that, he said problems will never be solved as my city have only one route which goes through Odisha. So, any issue in Odisha will result in issues in my connection.

So, if you're someone from Chhattisgarh or Odisha and you want proper services (also includes gaming), do not get RailWire.

Their MSP don't think we deserve to complaint as we are not paying 10k or 20k for our connection, no wonder Odisha customers have to pay a lot. 🙂

Last edited:
By the way, this post is mainly about Chhattisgarh and Odisha region. So, I don't think you should post how good RailWire as response if you are not from RailTel East region.

^Please keep this in mind before showing off your speeds.

And here I had heard from someone that Mumbai NOC is better than Kolkata NOC as international traffic is routed from there. 🙄 Better ping. Better speed.

Last edited:
@imdarkray The problem is... there is only one route from my city and that goes from Odisha. Hence, it routes from Odisha to Maharashtra. And as their is issues in Odisha, I am facing issues as well.

MSP said this cannot be fixed.

Just an update:

They fixed their bandwidth issues some time in 2021 but the disconnection issues continued because of cable cuts and then recently, issues started even from LCO's end. Random disconnections and often LOS (Loss of signal). Since they shifted CG circle back to Kolkata gateway, ping latency to various servers were no longer good. The only thing good about RW have been rock-solid ping stability whenever it actually worked. The ping could be anywhere from 50ms to 200ms though, but it remains stable. xD

Anyway, got JioFiber few days ago. Not as good speed as RW but at least I won't have disconnected internet every other day for hours.
😀

Haha good for you. Jio fiber has got its own issues with the data collection/spying and them not allowing third party routers and not supporting bridge mode in their own (should be illegal tbh) but atleast the bandwidth is there apparently.

How are the gaming pings tho if you are into gaming? I mostly play Dota on the singapore server and wondering if Jio has better ping for that. Any other issues?

Well, that's much better than not having internet for hours every other day. And this was getting so bad with RailWire that I was getting disconnected every single day because even local issues started happening. So, I don't really care. 😂

About gaming experience, here are the pings in various servers-

Mumbai: 38ms on average. 30ms on some matches of Valorant.

Singapore (Valorant): 90-95ms.

I have seen 82ms on average in some Singapore servers of Critical Ops and some speed test servers of Ookla. So, no idea why it is bad with Valorant's SG server and few more SG servers.

Delhi (Critical Ops): 45ms.

Bahrain (Critical Ops): 80-85ms.

In case of RailWire, it was like this-

Mumbai: 43-60ms (could be anywhere in between but stable) when there is no issue with their gateway. Otherwise it goes as higher as +100ms even if I am getting full speed in speed tests of every server. They manage to fuck only the latency somehow.

BTW, during Mumbai gateway days, ping to Mumbai was 22ms in RailWire.

Singapore: 65-120ms.

Delhi: 50-65ms

Bahrain: 60-75ms.