Railwire 20 Mbps 200 GB review

ISP
RailWire
I signed up for 20 Mbps connection last month and so far i have been disappointed with the speed from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The upload speeds are impressive when i test it. But the download speeds are terrible. Sometimes i get 4 Mbps, 8 Mbps and the highest during this time is 12 Mbps.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/5737903363.png (This speedtest is to their recommended hyderabad railter server. If i test it on a different server the speeds are even lower)

But late at night (10 PM to 7 AM) i get full 20 Mbps download and upload. So this connection might be suitable for people who wants to download large files at night. I spoke to Railwire multiple times and they kept saying that everything looks fine on their side. Someone on this forum said Railwire is going introduce new plans in Diwali. If they can't even offer the promised 20 Mbps properly how are they going to introduce 50 and 100 Mbps?

Has anyone signed up for 20 Mbps connection? Share your experience please.

I just want more GB. There is nothing much you can do with cut throat speed. But yes, at times, Railwire is slow. Happened to me as well.

I have to agree with you, they connect with their Hyderabad server and say everything is fine. I am still not able to make them understand..i will wait till diwali to see any changes..if not might go to ACT.

I used the 20Mbps plan for a month.Solid speeds anytime of the day,no slow downs.

i have been in this plan for the past one month , as railgamer pointed out it is slow at times but for me only during 6pm to 10 pm that to in the range of 8-10 mbps. overall the plan is better for me than the previous isp plan bsnl uld 1899 4mbps till 80gb( i had no other option till now)

Same here even with 10mbps plan, i posted about it after getting railwire.
It goes from 10mbps to 1mbps to 2mbps during morning 10am to 2pm and then during 5pm to 10pm. Their customer service is hopeless, they say and do the same thing i.e ping their own server and say everything is fine...

Well i have had 10 Mbps plan before and didn't experience such problems. Even my LCO said that their 20 Mbps is unreliable. I got it because of the 200 gb FUP limit. It would be better if they introduce high FUP limit on 10 mbps for a cheaper price.

Ever wonder why most ISP's wants you to test speed on their own server?

Speed test . net uses ports specified by server host, the server host may use 80, 443 or 8080.

For speed test to be considered any reliable, the server has to use port 80 or 443. What railwire does is they set their hyderabad server to use port 8080 and prioritize traffic traveling through that port.

You can block the 8080 port for both inbound and outbound traffic in windows firewall.. Now speedtest will use port 80 or 443. mostly port 80

port 8080 is used for local webcache server, they are using that trick to mask the congestion, also blocking port 8080 wont affect anything.

I've tested it myself and you can also google more about isp's using port 8080 speed test servers.

excitel gives peered speeds on their speedtest servers which is hilarious. you get 50mbps on the 25mbps plan.

Getting 20 Mbps won't solve the Nat Type issue. I still have Nat type 3 and i can play games online just fine.

Which game? Usually I end up being kicked out from their servers since it's type 3(Cod black ops3) . Which console are you using ? Also very hard to find proper server