Railway rules: E.g. Sleeping time and window/fan closing time? etc.

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 132,011
Both indian railways and people travelling in the rail are the worst....I have got my reasons...

people travelling in the rail are the worst....

Ahem! You are pretty much talking about the entire lower & middle class section of our country here 😕

The point is - rule says you to have to reach "10 minutes before" not after!!!

With this rule a TC can cancel any ticket whenever he wishes.

---------------

Both indian railways and people travelling in the rail are the worst....
Ahem! You are pretty much talking about the entire lower & middle class section of our country here 😕

That calls for section 66 of IT act!

Basically it says that if you wish to catch the train at a later station, the ticket may no longer be reserved for you, but given away. But I think, mostly they would be applying this rule in longer distance trains which have crossed certain stations. In my example, it would literally lead to a fist fight as many do get in at 1-2 small stations away

Made a couple of edits, was working on something.. so had given a blabbering response.Basically, once a certain distance/station is crossed in long distance trains, the passenger is unlikely to turn up hence they reallocate seats/berths. Whereas in short distance trains which sometimes have multiple stops in the same city itself, people may sometime get in the later station within the city (like Cantonment in Bangalore) and hence allocating such seats early could lead to a problem for the TT & co-passengers.

Hehe, now it makes sense. (ur post not rule)

But you are not reading!!! 😀

Written rule says.. u have to reach 10 minutes before the departure of the train!!

But let it be. I have seen many people booking ticket at Mumbai central but getting on train at borivali (2 stations - distance of 45 minutes)

So I suppose rule is not hard and fast. Its left to TCs judgement of reasonable boarding point.

Yes, I read it clearly yaar... And I am just listing that even 10 mins after may not be enough as in my example.

I said that too already! 😛

Has to be some mistake. It must be "within 10 minutes after departure".

But even then I had heard about 2 station rule. This 10 minute rule is little absurd.

This surely calls for a RTI. I never found TTE sitting on my berth and waiting 10 minutes before the departure 😛

When I travel by train I befriend all the passengers around me. I help old ppl or ppl with more luggage with their luggage. After that humble request to turn off fan, close window, use their upper berth to sleep during day time works like charm. Some aunties also look after my stuff when I get down at intermediate station. I also share food with fellow passengers. After that the journey becomes more fun rather than a torture.Bottom line is that compromise works even with stubborn passengers!'Khosla ka ghosla' movie mein ek dialog hai - "Ye desh pen*** compromise pe chalta hai"

Yeah, it's basically a humble nature always returns out to be fruitful. Everyone tries to be stubborn in train but showing small concern towards everyone solves the problem. But if someone is not in a mood to be friendly, then journey become a pain. For example, some parents leave their children in train to play and disturb others. Obviously any intelligent and humanly man will not scold and threaten the children. But what if when their parents too didn't ponder to your irritation.

I also share food with fellow passengers

IMO, thats not a good practice to follow

@hno3Yes I do that too. But sometimes ur train is at night. You dont get time to get involved.Or they themselves have come in their own group so they dont bother to chit-chat with u much.etc. etc.I am not saying that I need hard and fast rule. But if there is a rule it helps in case of "crisis" where the other person just does not want to understand.