Formula-1 News and Updates

Yeah the two firang guys were great... from what I heard they were pro-footballers themselves, so it makes sense. Harsha definitely did not belong there, and Noel BLEW CHUNKS!!! That guy sucks so much and for a nobody sure has a lot of attitude. Makes you wonder why they hire these punks.

Funny how footie got dragged into this, i noticed the hindi commentary during the starting phases of the cups matches but it switched over to english a few mins after. I was under the impression you could choose one over the other.Re. Harsha Bhogle, i think he did a fairly good job of it, being middle of the rd and letting the SMEs (subject matter experts) go on , loved the gameplan and the predictions. Over all i enjoyed the commentary, i was a bit afriad we would get some yank since ESPN is an American channel but they did the right thing and got some Brits in the show.Noel was not too bad, he's not a pro player but seemed to know his stuff fairly well and also added a more Indian flavour to it.Harsha from what i heard, IIM grad, got his break doing cricket and crossed over to the world cup. Lucky guy he must have made at least $million for his efforts.

he still does cricket on espn star... i guess they put him on the soccer front coz indians connect with him. he f1 was a widespread phenomena, we might have had him doing f1 as well. 🙂

QUOTE(NeXgeN @ May 11 2005, 05:50 PM) [snapback]9187[/snapback]
it is to attract more viewers from tamil nadu. it is a good move but they shuld get a good tamil F1 speaker. its just a mercy commentary coz they havent found any good tamil commentator. but no probs here ...we get awesome english commentary.
[/b]
i think commentary in other languages must be stoped like chinese and tamil the handling these language doesn't no the basics of F1 they talking about the incidents they have seen right then

i think kimi must control his driving a bit 'coz he gets crashed out in da last laps of da race & thats REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTING 4 ME & 4 OTHER KIMI FANS 🙁 ! In the monaco race, he was just inches behind alonso, & he wud have won that race if he hadnt got crashed out!!! And recently, in the german grand prix, he was in the pole position & he lost it!!! that was really careless! i hope KIMI reads this message!!!

I think its more like his mclaren is letting him down like it did usually on the past.and btw kimi wasnt crashed out at monaco as i remember ,but something like overheating due to a failed heatshield.In germany he didnt have the pace of ferrari +bridgestones and its said that he suffered from blistering of his michelin's.

kimi should move to renault next year. it would be pretty great seeing renault working hard to get kimi to beat the hell out of alonso in his mclaren.

First of all, the underside of Raikkonen's Mclaren burst into flames in Monaco. So it would have been a lil extreme to expect the poor guy to drive around with his butt on fire 😛 And in Germany, as pointed out by leomax; Mclaren just didn't have the pace to keep up with the Ferrari's. And i think he did a great job overtaking Button (agreed he was struggling with low grip but still) in his last stint to finish on the podium after facing a lot of problems during the race as he admitted later in the post race conference. This guy is absolutely ruthless when it comes to overtaking. And it's hard for me to say this being a Schumi fan.As to where Raikkonen will end up next year, i think it depends on what Schumi does. I feel if he can overhaul Alonso's lead and win his 8th title then he'll call it a day and finish on a high. That will clear the way for Kimi to move to Ferrari. That way he'll be the number 1 driver in the team and have their full backing which won't happen while Schumi's there. And i don't think he's not prepared to play second fiddle to Schumi and wants to seriously challenge for the title next year. So he realizes this will be a make or break move for him career wise. Don't think he will stay at Mclaren for the very same reason. Alonso's already signed for them and they'll just end up getting in each others way and taking points of one another if they're team mates next year. So he might be forced to sign for Renault if Schumi decides to continue for one last season coz these are the only three teams who seem capable of challenging for race wins and titles. But heck, who knows.....Toyota and Honda might finally get their act together next year. They certainly have the resources to make it happen.

He's unlikely to goto renault for the same reason alonso is leaving renault.

Hungaroring is likely to favour mclaren though ,but michelin's pace will remain the most crucial factor.

and in other news Alonso's title chance is looking grimmer

The Spaniard will get 2 seconds added to his lap times each of the 3 sections of the knock-out qualifying on Saturday as penalty.
[/b]

GRRR, Schumi got himself a 2sec penalty too for overtaking cars under a red flag in final practice this morning. And now Raikkonen is on pole coz Massa messed up his final qualifying lap. Schumi could've almost eliminated all of Alonso's lead if he had just kept his cool. And the fast starting Renault will help Alonso make up places right away tomorrow, am sure abt it. Makes me mad :angry:EDIT: Btw, i think the main reason behind Alonso leaving Renault was that he was unsure of their future due to budgetary constrainsts and rumours of them even quitting Formula 1 altogether coz of the astronomical costs of running a competitive Formula 1 team. But this year after the SpanishGP i think, the Renault chief re-affirmed their long term commitment to the sport and pledged to make more resources available to the team to keep them where they are currently. But now that Mark Webber has quit Willians, he might end up joining Renault coz let's not forget who his manager is...Flavio Briatore.

and schumi did a stupid act of missing out on removing atleast 4 points off the lead of alonso. what a waste.but then the people would say that he is a racer. he did what he was supposed to do. but then ferrari wants to win and win at any cost. 2-3 points lost on a pit stop won't have cost them as much as the damaged car now would. beh.

I must say alonso is blessed with luck,and shumi was a bit greedy for points.Now there must be holiday on england :lol: .Pedro drove a nice race and a good overtaking,nick had contacted with shumi,but not sure if it had damaged suspension.

Bad decision making. That's what it came down to. When De La Rosa was 14 sec behind Schumi with around 17-18 laps to go, Ferrari should've brought him in for dry tyres right away like Honda did with Button even if it meant an extra stop and him losing a couple of places. He would've finished on the podium even then at the very least.But noooooo, they decided to gamble on keeping him out on intermediates (which they hadn't changed during his 2nd stop and rightly so coz new ones would've slowed him down with deeper treads as the track wasn't that wet anymore) when it was clear that there was a clear dry line on the track and De La Rosa was catching him at 3 secs a lap and he was eating his intermediates up which were already worn. Just plain stupidity.Had he come in to pits for a splash n dash on lap 18 for slick tyres, he would've come out 8-10 secs behind De La Rosa and well, we all know how quick Ferrari are on dry tyres. Instead he stayed out, lost a couple of places and hit Heidfeld in the process damaging his front suspension and was forced to retired. Why oh why did schumi need to be so aggressive when he knew that Alonso had already crashed out and in the end even 4th place & 5 points would've been a decent result. Should've just let Heidfeld go instead of trying to close the door on him. Ruined my day mad.gifAnd wtf was up with those awful bridgestone wet weather tyres...almost 4 secs a lap slower than the Michelin's!!!! Alonso has always been a lucky ass. Even last year his winning the title was down to Kimi crashing out in atleast 4-5 races which he could've easily won.