Radius Infrastructure: New Broadband service in making?

• Thread starter Thread starter VivR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 20,362

VivR

searcher
ISP
Airtel, MTNL and Reliance
For last 10-12 days some people have been doing internal wiring in my society i live in (I live in Sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi). When I asked the society guards, they told me that these people are from Radius company who are installing wires for telephone and internet to be used for and in the society and flats therein... I sort of not believed because i have never heard of a company with Radius name...A couple of days later i received a notice circulated to all the residents of my society that a company called Radius Infrastructure has been installing fiber cables in the society and to each and every flat therein. It will facilitate to have internet, phone, IPTV and other telecommunication services. It will also facilitate to see who is at the gate or at the guard room directly from one's existing TV at his/her flat, for which Radius guys are also installing CCTV cameras at the gate and guard room.Today, the Radius guys has indeed connected their fiber cable to my flat internally and wall-mounted an empty box connected to the cable, and told me that some engineer with come within a week and will intall some wi-fi thing (i guess, router) in that box and the connection will get started at the same time. However, he has no idea about tariff and all, nor he is able to explain me HOW i will be able to see on my TV what the CCTV camera captures at the gate when he has not made any connection to my TV. May be the engineering visiting in a week will put some light into this.The good news is that all these CCTV cameras, wires, boxes, and wiring & related services to the society and all the flats from this Radius company are so far absolutely free and not chargable at all either to society or the flatmates. That is understandable if i think that this is some kind of initial investment the Radius is doing, but that's really a huge one i must say. What is unbelievable is that the guys who did the wiring and installed the box in my flat told me that the internet connection will be provided to all the participating flats free of charge at least for a year. I'm excited to hear that but i think it is too good to be true. 🙂I update here when i will have more news. If any one in Dwarka or in Delhi or anywhere in India for that matter has such news, please do share.Thanks for reading!

free internet, free cctv, free iptv !!! dude dats wicked !!

Wow... just posted it less than half an hour back and there are already 27 users browsing this thread. 🙂

free internet, free cctv, free iptv !!! dude dats wicked !!

🙂 yea, unbelievable, but what i wrote is true from first to last word.

And sorry for my English but what does 'wicked' mean here, man?

That is understandable if i think that this is some kind of initial investment the Radius is doing, but that's really a huge one i must say. What is unbelievable is that the guys who did the wiring and installed the box in my flat told me that the internet connection will be provided to all the participating flats free of charge at least for a year. I'm excited to hear that but i think it is too good to be true. 🙂

Radius has a pretty huge warchest for all this, they clearly want to dominate as a third party infrastructure provider for ISPs,telcos apart from providing integrated solutions.
But i think their project might be in limbo due govt. plug & play BB network (as and when it comes).

About their internet,connection etc i guess they have a recurring monthly charge for their infrastructure as mentioned in their website. You might be lucky to get all this free as a pilot tester.

wicked as in pretty cool !

Is it a big community where you live?

I mean how many families live in your society?
It's in Sectors.. Sector 1 to 15. I am not sure about this

Radius has a pretty huge warchest for all this, they clearly want to dominate as a third party infrastructure provider for ISPs,telcos apart from providing integrated solutions.
But i think their project might be in limbo due govt. plug & play BB network (as and when it comes).

About their internet,connection etc i guess they have a recurring monthly charge for their infrastructure as mentioned in their website. You might be lucky to get all this free as a pilot tester.

May The God make your last line be true 🙂

----------

Is it a big community where you live?

I mean how many families live in your society?

No... it is relatively a smaller society (we do not call it community here). It is less than 50 families i guess... But can you guess what, many of them have opted out from it, stating different reasons from "I am renter here" to "I do not need these services" 🙂

----------

wicked as in pretty cool !

Thanks for improving my vocab, man 🙂 Nothing came closer when i googled 🙂

----------

It's in Sectors.. Sector 1 to 15. I am not sure about this

Almost entire Dwarka (a sub-city in south-west Delhi) is divided into Sectors; Sectors are further divided into Plots; and on Plots there are Societies, DDAs, Community Buildings like schools, bus-depos, markets, etc. Each society has 1 to 10 numbers of buildings in them, and therefore, each society can consists of 50 to 500 families - just a rough guess.

Since my society is among the smallest societies, may be they have decided to start from us as a pilot project as pointed out by devx101. But before i get too excited or happy about all of this, i think i should wait for a week and let the engineer come and tell me the further plans of his company on this and truthfulness about his company's wireman's one-year-free-internet too-good-to-be-true announcement. 🙂

Well... Free for Society for Obtaining permission to use the premises for fiber laying ... Paid ... for users who will be taking up the service. That's what i would have done ...

Well... Free for Society for Obtaining permission to use the premises for fiber laying ... Paid ... for users who will be taking up the service. That's what i would have done ...

Yea... but even installing CCTVs in Society, boxes & wifi modems in all the participating flats, and doing internal wiring both in society and to each flat is in itself a huge investment from the company part IMHO - and, needless to say, a huge benefit not only to the society but also to all the residents therein as everything happened so far is free of charge.

Even if the one-year-free-internet-news come out to be untrue (which i hope not 🙂), what so far has been done is in itself a very exciting thing (a happy new year gift 🙂) for residents of my society and also to all those other societies, localities, and cities where they have been planning to expend and expand to.

CCTV is of course an investment which they have done . Fiber is a shared media which will be used for all services . Wi-Fi , LIU's , Termination Boxes are all a part of the future paid service so they will have to install it .All you can expect is a 1-2 months promotional pack and a better service ( last mile only ) as they have shiny fibers and new equipments in places .. But i would like to keep my expectations low until i see the price band.There can be another catch that they might have signed an exclusive rights of distribution with society . Under that condition you will end up in taking whatever they provide on whatever price band. Such policies are already been implemented in many locations in order to create a monopolistic market share.

CCTV is of course an investment which they have done . Fiber is a shared media which will be used for all services . Wi-Fi , LIU's , Termination Boxes are all a part of the future paid service so they will have to install it.

The society may have, but the residents have not signed ANY deal with them. If any resident decides to take no connection from them and/or think that they (residents) are OK with the already existing Airtel / MTNL services, Radius cannot force them, the most they (Radius) can do is they can take away their wifi modem, boxes, and fibers from those unwilling flats. So in that sense, not only CCTVs but also those other items and their installation expenses are part of a huge investment from the company part IMS.

Maybe they (Radius) are betting on this that their prices will be so much lower from the competition and with equal or better services (I wish it is true) that the residents will eventually be lured to them sooner or later.... I myself am having a good Airtel landline & internet connection and a brilliant Tata Sky HD+ as DTH service at my home. However, I am thinking to try this newcomer's services for a month or two (when they start operation in a week) even if they turn out to be paid but reasonable. If they are found to be at par or better than my existing providers and have lower fees, obviously, i would love to switch to them permanently.

There can be another catch that they might have signed an exclusive rights of distribution with society. Under that condition you will end up in taking whatever they provide on whatever price band. Such policies are already been implemented in many locations in order to create a monopolistic market share.

They must have not signed any such exclusive rights of distribution with society because :

1) Society as such is not new (at least 20 years old) and there are already at least two telecom players existing in the premises - Airtel & MTNL (both these companies have been providing, since quite long time, free EPABX in the society - i.e., any resident, including guard room & society office, can call any other resident, gurad room & society office within the society - all free of charge).

Note : the wireman, who visited yesterday to install equipments at my flat, was also saying that the Radius networking and its EPABX system is going to be so huge (may not be in size but in capacity) that not only residents within a society but also those from other societies can talk free (of course, if they are on the same network) - Kind of Intersociety EPABX - a tall claim but may be true for good. 🙂

2) As told above, the society may have signed some contract or agreement with Radius (or may be not) but we residents have not signed anything with them (at least so far). And without having residents' written agreement, i do not think society's management can decide or force which network the residents should (or, should not) adhere to... the management can do whatever plant they wish to grow in the common peripheral areas in the society, but they cannot interfere which flowers the residents are planting (or not planting) in their own balconies.

So i do not think there is any monopoly in making even if Radius decide to provide free services for one year (which is not confirmed yet).

The society may have, but the residents have not signed ANY deal with them. If any resident decides to take no connection from them and/or think that they (residents) are OK with the already existing Airtel / MTNL services, Radius cannot force them, the most they (Radius) can do is they can take away their wifi modem, boxes, and fibers from those unwilling flats. So in that sense, not only CCTVs but also these other items and their installation expenses are part of a huge investment IMS.

Maybe they (Radius) are betting on this that their prices will be so much lower from the competition and with equal or better services (I wish it is true) that the residents will eventually be lured to them sooner or later.... I myself am having a good Airtel landline & internet connection and a brilliant Tata Sky HD+ as DTH provider at my home. However, I am thinking to try this newcomer's services for a month or two even if they turn out to be paid but reasonable. If they are found to be at par or better than my existing providers and have lower fees i would love to switch to them permanently.

They must have not signed any such exclusive rights of distribution with society because :

1) Society as such is not new (at least 20 years old) and there are already at least two telecom players existing in the premises - Airtel & MTNL (both these companies have been provided, since quite long time, free EPABX in the society - i.e., any resident, including guard room & society office, can call any other resident, gurad room & society office - all free of charge).

Note : the wireman, who visited yesterday to install equipments at my flat, was also saying that the Radius networking and its EPABX system will be so huge (may not be in size but in capacity) that not only residents within a society but also from other societies can talk free (of course, if they are on the same network) - a tall claim but may be true.

2) As told above the society may have signed some contract or agreement with Radius (or may be not) but we residents have not signed anything with them. And without have residents' written agreement, i do not think they (society's management) can decide or force which network the residents should (or, should not) adhere to... they can do whatever plant they wish to grow in the common peripheral areas in the society, but they cannot interfere which flowers the residents are planting (or not planting) in their own balconies.

So i do not think there is any monopoly in making even if Radius decide to provide free services for one year (which is not confirmed yet).

As you are saying that Radius will be Triple Play provider , so it might have an upper edge compared to the prevailing players. Bandwidth pricing are rolling down each day so Radius might offer a lucrative plan as compared to MTNL .

As you are saying that Radius will be Triple Play provider , so it might have an upper edge compared to the prevailing players. Bandwidth pricing are rolling down each day so Radius might offer a lucrative plan as compared to MTNL .

Yup, triple play and more... 🙂

I wonder why no one have posted their website link till now...

Radius Infratel Pvt. Ltd.

[TABLE="width: 220"]
[TR]
[TD="class: main, align: justify"]Radius Infratel Private Limited

K-40, Connaught Place,
New Delhi - 110001, India.

+91-11-49810000
+91-11-49810081
info@radiusinfratel.com[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: main, align: justify"]Please find us from December 2011 at our new address:

Suncity Business Tower,
2nd Floor, Golf Course Road,
Sector-54, Gurgaon - 122002. India[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]