Radius Infrastructure: New Broadband service in making?

xserver

Regulars
Dec 18, 2011
Delhi, Pune, Mumbai
CCTV is of course an investment which they have done . Fiber is a shared media which will be used for all services . Wi-Fi , LIU's , Termination Boxes are all a part of the future paid service so they will have to install it .All you can expect is a 1-2 months promotional pack and a better service ( last mile only ) as they have shiny fibers and new equipments in places .. But i would like to keep my expectations low until i see the price band.There can be another catch that they might have signed an exclusive rights of distribution with society . Under that condition you will end up in taking whatever they provide on whatever price band. Such policies are already been implemented in many locations in order to create a monopolistic market share.

VivR

searcher
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 7, 2010
CCTV is of course an investment which they have done . Fiber is a shared media which will be used for all services . Wi-Fi , LIU's , Termination Boxes are all a part of the future paid service so they will have to install it.

The society may have, but the residents have not signed ANY deal with them. If any resident decides to take no connection from them and/or think that they (residents) are OK with the already existing Airtel / MTNL services, Radius cannot force them, the most they (Radius) can do is they can take away their wifi modem, boxes, and fibers from those unwilling flats. So in that sense, not only CCTVs but also those other items and their installation expenses are part of a huge investment from the company part IMS.

Maybe they (Radius) are betting on this that their prices will be so much lower from the competition and with equal or better services (I wish it is true) that the residents will eventually be lured to them sooner or later.... I myself am having a good Airtel landline & internet connection and a brilliant Tata Sky HD+ as DTH service at my home. However, I am thinking to try this newcomer's services for a month or two (when they start operation in a week) even if they turn out to be paid but reasonable. If they are found to be at par or better than my existing providers and have lower fees, obviously, i would love to switch to them permanently.

There can be another catch that they might have signed an exclusive rights of distribution with society. Under that condition you will end up in taking whatever they provide on whatever price band. Such policies are already been implemented in many locations in order to create a monopolistic market share.

They must have not signed any such exclusive rights of distribution with society because :

1) Society as such is not new (at least 20 years old) and there are already at least two telecom players existing in the premises - Airtel & MTNL (both these companies have been providing, since quite long time, free EPABX in the society - i.e., any resident, including guard room & society office, can call any other resident, gurad room & society office within the society - all free of charge).

Note : the wireman, who visited yesterday to install equipments at my flat, was also saying that the Radius networking and its EPABX system is going to be so huge (may not be in size but in capacity) that not only residents within a society but also those from other societies can talk free (of course, if they are on the same network) - Kind of Intersociety EPABX - a tall claim but may be true for good. :)

2) As told above, the society may have signed some contract or agreement with Radius (or may be not) but we residents have not signed anything with them (at least so far). And without having residents' written agreement, i do not think society's management can decide or force which network the residents should (or, should not) adhere to... the management can do whatever plant they wish to grow in the common peripheral areas in the society, but they cannot interfere which flowers the residents are planting (or not planting) in their own balconies.

So i do not think there is any monopoly in making even if Radius decide to provide free services for one year (which is not confirmed yet).

xserver

Regulars
Dec 18, 2011
Delhi, Pune, Mumbai
The society may have, but the residents have not signed ANY deal with them. If any resident decides to take no connection from them and/or think that they (residents) are OK with the already existing Airtel / MTNL services, Radius cannot force them, the most they (Radius) can do is they can take away their wifi modem, boxes, and fibers from those unwilling flats. So in that sense, not only CCTVs but also these other items and their installation expenses are part of a huge investment IMS.

Maybe they (Radius) are betting on this that their prices will be so much lower from the competition and with equal or better services (I wish it is true) that the residents will eventually be lured to them sooner or later.... I myself am having a good Airtel landline & internet connection and a brilliant Tata Sky HD+ as DTH provider at my home. However, I am thinking to try this newcomer's services for a month or two even if they turn out to be paid but reasonable. If they are found to be at par or better than my existing providers and have lower fees i would love to switch to them permanently.

They must have not signed any such exclusive rights of distribution with society because :

1) Society as such is not new (at least 20 years old) and there are already at least two telecom players existing in the premises - Airtel & MTNL (both these companies have been provided, since quite long time, free EPABX in the society - i.e., any resident, including guard room & society office, can call any other resident, gurad room & society office - all free of charge).

Note : the wireman, who visited yesterday to install equipments at my flat, was also saying that the Radius networking and its EPABX system will be so huge (may not be in size but in capacity) that not only residents within a society but also from other societies can talk free (of course, if they are on the same network) - a tall claim but may be true.

2) As told above the society may have signed some contract or agreement with Radius (or may be not) but we residents have not signed anything with them. And without have residents' written agreement, i do not think they (society's management) can decide or force which network the residents should (or, should not) adhere to... they can do whatever plant they wish to grow in the common peripheral areas in the society, but they cannot interfere which flowers the residents are planting (or not planting) in their own balconies.

So i do not think there is any monopoly in making even if Radius decide to provide free services for one year (which is not confirmed yet).

As you are saying that Radius will be Triple Play provider , so it might have an upper edge compared to the prevailing players. Bandwidth pricing are rolling down each day so Radius might offer a lucrative plan as compared to MTNL .

VivR

searcher
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 7, 2010
As you are saying that Radius will be Triple Play provider , so it might have an upper edge compared to the prevailing players. Bandwidth pricing are rolling down each day so Radius might offer a lucrative plan as compared to MTNL .

Yup, triple play and more... :)

xred

Regular
Regulars
Mar 3, 2011
I wonder why no one have posted their website link till now...

Radius Infratel Pvt. Ltd.

Radius Infratel Private Limited

K-40, Connaught Place,
New Delhi - 110001, India.

+91-11-49810000
+91-11-49810081
info@radiusinfratel.com
Please find us from December 2011 at our new address:

Suncity Business Tower,
2nd Floor, Golf Course Road,
Sector-54, Gurgaon - 122002. India

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
"In the next 6-9 months, world class 1,000 Mbps or 1 Gbps (Gigabits per second) plans will be available in India to residential consumers. On connections like these, the same two hour HD movie will download in 30 seconds," Radius Infratel CEO Rajnish Wahi said.

Radius has partnered with real estate developers, including DLF, Unitech, Emaar MGF, Ansal, Mantri, Vipul, ATS, Omaxe, Vipul, M3M, Paramount and Prateek for fibre optic network that will provide high-speed broadband services in
projects being developed by them.

"Radius network is already available in or near 3 lakh homes and is live in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Indirapuram (Ghaziabad). The network will soon be available in Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Chandigarh," Executive
Director of Radius Infratel, Kuldeep Goyal said.

'1 Gbps broadband speed plans for India retail users soon'

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
They themselves would be laying OFC. They have listed some big Property Makers. So, I think it will be available only to selected buildings.

aviral sangal

Senior
Dec 9, 2010
Noida
Idk why the op was so amused. The society that i use to live was the first society where radius started its work. They are into this business since 2002. In our society we can view the cctv camera on our tv, intercom, telephone lines electricity management, prepaid electricity systems. They had the electronic meters which use to communicate with central server using telephone line. Now they are seeking permission to lay ofc since mtnl has layed the ftth fiber till the main gate.

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
they have no option but to focus on apartments and societies bcoz it is impossible to have such high quality infra in our chocked to the hell city areas.Lets hope the digitization brings in a Cable BB revolution as expected.