Radiation from Mobile Towers

• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 58,912
looks like someone did not get their chai paani on time.

Yeah, You are right. Every government policy is good for its employees. Not for us. This issue will disappear in couples of days once they will receive bribe.

Mobile towers on school buildings, sick.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

But, cellphone towers on schools building huh? Corrupt school administration.

I am sick of this crap. Cellphone towers are NOT harmful to us. There is NO EVIDENCE to prove that it harms us.

Exactly. People don't realize that, on an average day, the background radiation we receive from the sun and atmosphere is 100-1000 times more than what we get from a cellphone tower. Also, the radiation emitted by towers and cellphones can only have thermal effects. It's not harmful or carcinogenic like UV or X-ray radiation.

there were little birds, i don't know the name, but it is said, those are gone due to mobile radiation .........................so i think there is weight in the words of @operamaniac

this might be just an assumption but a while ago there was a report in newspaper about a suicide. a young man killed himself. he was under depression and the problems only started when he rented a room in a building that had a mobile tower at the top.i sleep in a room that has a wireless router and 2-3 mobile devices at any given time. i can say that i get headaches at times and i feel much better in the other room which has none of the wireless shite 😀

towers are definitely harmful. mobile phones itself? maybe not.

Mobile phones, kept at wrong places can lead to impotence.

If you guys don't want cellphone towers over your buildings, that is fine. I will invite these cellphone companies to install them above my home and then take a higher rental for it because of people who are scared of cellphone towers. 😀P.S. All the people complaining of Headaches and suicidal tendencies please google 'placebo'.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health

The effect mobile phone radiation has on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion users worldwide). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range, which some believe may be harmful to human health. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation.

A large body of research exists, both epidemiological and experimental, in non-human animals and in humans, of which the majority shows no definite causative relationship between exposure to mobile phones and harmful biological effects in humans.

The World Health Organization, based upon the majority view of scientific and medical communities, has stated that cancer is unlikely to be caused by cellular phones or their base stations and that reviews have found no convincing evidence for other health effects. Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Cell_site#Cell_phone_tower_power_emission

The U.S. government agency, the FCC, says:

"For example, measurement data obtained from various sources have consistently indicated that "worst-case" ground-level power densities near typical cellular towers are on the order of 1 µW/cm2 or less (usually significantly less)."

That is 0.01 Watt per square meter. There is no temptation to use more power. The entire idea of a "cell" phone system is to create small "cells" that don't interfere with each other.

The average energy received over the entire earth is about 250 Watts per square meter over a 24 hour day, ignoring clouds. So, on a day with no clouds, the average electromagnetic energy received from the Sun is 25,000 times that received near a cell phone tower.
I'll repeat what I said earlier: the type of radiation emitted by cellphones can only have thermal effects on organic tissue. Ever felt your cellphone & ear feel warm after you've been talking to your girlfriend for too long? It's because heating tissue is the only kind of effect it can have. That's like standing outside in the summer sun for some time - your head will get hotter the longer you stand outside.

It is believed that it is not safe to live near a mobile tower. But the fact is that there is no conclusive report stating that the the radiations from towers can cause cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has also evaluated all existing literature on environmental exposures associated with transmission of signals for radio, television and wireless telecommunication and found inadequate evidence to prove the impact. P.S. It is recommended to clarify facts rather than believing myths spread by people.

It's not about waiting for any report to prove the consequences. It is any day suggested to be careful. But It's illogical to simply conclude that it can be harmful. Indians normally tend to believe rumors.