Quick question for BSNL 800 ULD Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter Supernatural
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,322

Supernatural

ISP
TATA
What amount you guys paid when you first took the connection? and what was exact first bill amount?
For now, I just took the connection (installation still pending) and paid Rs1300/- for combo 800 ULD plan. I want to know what are the charges on the first bill? Exchange people got me confused for landline and whatnot charges. I don't want landline but they said you gotta have it as it's must. They asked if I want the landline instrument and told me it will cost 300 rupees, I said no I don't want it.
Answers please? 🙂

You can't have a bb connection without a landline (instrument). The security deposit is 1 month of the subscribed plan. ie. 800 + tax (13%) + 300 for the telephone instrument. Maybe remaining are registration charges. (If you don't get a landline instrument for 1300. Then you got looted ...)
So wat you paid is fine. Your first months bill would be 800 + tax (13% approx). Nothing else ...

I 'm sure about the security deposit. It's 1 month of the plan charges. Maybe the 500 is for landline registrationsecurity deposit charges, not sure about that. If you had ignored the telephone instrument offered by BSNL. You have to buy one or use a spare telephone instrument you already have? You must need one obviously ...

600 plan without a landline? Not possible. BSNL's ADSL runs over the copper (Landline) so in order to get ADSL, you need a Landline . A splitter (comes with the modemrouter) will be used to seperate the lines for bb & voice calling, The telephone no alloted to 'll be port bound (locked to your phone & port alloted in the server). So it can't be misused anywhere ...

No, I mean the telephone line was there ofcourse, But the instrument was never connected. I never had to use the telephone and being afraid if the bill doesn't get more because of calls, I never connected the instrument.
But What I was paying was 600+ taxes, that's it. No cash for landlines rent etc. Anyways, confusing as hell but I will see the bill for next month. I'm sure whatever I argue with bsnl, at the end of the day it is a govt company and we have to pay whatever they ask to not get disconnected.

Same applies to 800 ULD. (Plan charges + tax) If you make any outgoing calls, you have to pay for it. If you keep it just for incoming. Nothing extra to be paid ...
The standard tariff for outgoing is Re 1 for 60sec across India ...
You may also dynamic lock all the outgoing calls to prevent misuse of it in your absense ...

hmm, anyways can you or anyone tell me just that how much should I totally expect in next month's bill? and after that? I have paid 1300 this time, next month I'm expecting 800+1000(landline+bb installation charges+taxes) and after that 800+taxes and so on ... am I correct?

Took it from the latest plan tariff official doc dated 21.10.2013
Note :
The Security deposit for the Landline under Combo Plans is ` 500 for Local/STD; ` 2000 for Local/STD/ISD• The Installation charge for Broadband is ` 250; The Installation charge for Landline is ` 750 for Urban and ` 550 for Rural. Concession to subscribersopting for owns instrument including CLIP instrument shall be available in the form of additional 300 MCUs @ 100 MCUs per billing cycle applicablefrom 2 nd bill. A discount of ` 250 is offered under landline installation charges for the combo plans of 1year/2year/3year options.• The above rates are exclusive of service tax, which will be charged at prevailing rates• The circle specific plans viz BBG Combo ULD 850 CS12, BB Home Combo ULD 900 CS13, BB Home Combo ULD 1000 CS14 & BBG FN Combo 500 CS18are withdrawn w.e.f 20 th March 2013
• Free Usage includes both download & upload• No additional volume based discount shall be applicable for all the plans• Download speed indicated is only upto BSNL ISP node• TRAI has defined broadband as an ‘always on’ data connection with minimum speed of 256 Kbps• Special relief scheme “SAMADHAAN” with modifications for settlement of disputes in respect of BB usae Bills for the benefit of existing and ex-customers of BB available upto 31-03-2014

Normally security deposit is one month's rent without tax.