Questions prior to purchase of new broadband connection - Reliance Thunder 1099

Ashish Ramani

I would like to opt for a new broadband connection. The plan is Reliance thunder 4mbps plan of Rs 1099 per.month. However i have a few questions as follows-
1. Do reliance people provide a modem? Because I have a wifi modem of a previous connection so what cost it will be without a modem from reliance
2. I would like to opt for annual plan so what will be the total cost plus taxes
3. I will be solely using the connection for broadband so i will not be using it for landline calling purposes at all. So is there a way to eliminate d landline cost as i won't use it ever.
Thanks in advance :pleasantry:

iChaitanya

Trust me, you do NOT want to go down this road.
Even I'm from Pune and I terminated by so-called 4 Mbps tariff plan as I couldn't get more than 25 Kbps on it. Read more about it in the dedicated problems thread.
You want to prepay for a year and that too to Reliance? Better burn your cash with petrol rather than donating it to RCOM.

Sushubh

Administrator
Yup. Do not prepay on Reliance. In fact, do not prepay for a whole year on ANY operator in India.

Ashish Ramani

ok so i won't pay for the whole term. :nono:
But if not reliance than what to opt for?
Currently i have BSNL 750UL home plan.
Got a [color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;font-weight:bold;]UTSTARCOM WA3002G4[/color] modem connected to Cisco Linksys E4200 router covering two floors of our building.
So i need a good speed plan which i thought 4mbps is enough at good cost of 1099pm