• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,314
ISP
Airtel Fibre Guwahati
Guys ? One question.
i have Jio trail going on.
just got it installed 3 days ago,
Its 999 plan i guess. They didn’t mention but charged 2500 as refundable deposit so i guess it 999. The thing is i want to use My own Netflix sub but i cant seem to find Netflix app
is it by design to get to higher plan or i am missing something ?
And how do i use my Bluetooth speakers with STB ? Android settings are disabled ?

Reactions: Yjg
Netflix isn't there in the Jio appstore yet but it will come. Bluetooth audio was disabled by a firmware update. Incredibly stupid move.

Upvote 1
I also have few questions about JIO fiber. (I have applied for trial)

But before that, if I interpreted terms and conditions for trial offer - then 2500Rs is refundable ONLY IF you disconnect the trial connection before 30 days.

It is not refundable if you disconnect after 30 days or later in future.

Now coming back to questions about Jio Fiber
  1. How stable is it? Any downtime?
  2. Does it give public IP or private range IP?
  3. Does it give IPv4 or IPv6? If IPv6 then will IPv4 sites work?
  4. Does it come with wireless router or we have to buy our own?
  5. What is the range of router? Distance between router and my laptop would be about 15 m with 2 walls in between.
  6. How many devices can be connected to Wireless router?
  7. If wireless router develops a fault? Will they replace for free or there will be charge? If yes, how much?
  8. I do not want TV or any extra stuff. I just want internet and free voice calls. Is that possible?
  9. For voice calls, do they give instrument or its via JioVoice app in mobile?
Questions about application: (I will also ask these question to agent - but incase someone already knows the answer)
  1. I am not sure if they have laid fiber line around my building. But if they come and collect the money and take documents, how fast can I expect the connection?
  2. How is 30 day trial period counted? From date of application OR date when connection activates?

Anything you would like to tell or warn me about? (except reminding me that its Reliance!!)

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About refund- post 30 days , installation charges of 1000 rupees is is deducted from security deposit and you will get the rest.

1.Non so far, I have been using it since March and I have seen people using it more than a year without any downtime, how would you will get some random websites blocked without any reason from time to time you can fix that by using a VPN

2.It doesn't give public ipv4 adress however it does give you public IPv6,
3. both IPv6 and ipv4 websites load without any problem

4. Jio does bundle a pretty decent dual band router with it without any charge apart from the security deposit that you pay

5. Signal has been good for me on 5 GHz band

6. I can connect more than 7 devices in my house without any problem

7. I am not sure about it since I have had no problems with it till date

8. Yes, go with 1500 rupees security deposit plan that comes without the STB

9. No they don't., You can connect your own telephone instrument via rj11 cable or choose to call and receive from jio call app but it wouldn't recommend it as I am unable to get it to work on the latest version of Android however it does work with legacy devices.

About application:
1. Usually it is the same day that you apply the connection but it if they do delay the installation, please file a complaint on PG portal and it will be sorted out fairly quickly

2. From the date of installation and activation of your connection

Extras: please use VPN it is a must when you go for Reliance jio fiber

Upvote 1
Great. Thank you for the detailed information.

Others - please give your inputs too if you can. Thank you.

Upvote 0