• Thread starter Thread starter craige4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,285

craige4u

ISP
spectra
I just bought new connection and have sum questions:

1] It takes me 1:30 Min (90 seconds), for internet to start after turning on Modem, is it normal? Any way to speed things up?
2] How to know tht internet connection is established? What light I have to monitor…
2] What does, ADSL/Internet & Port Light blinking means?

PS: I am using Wired Modem frm MTNL.

I just bought new connection and have sum questions:

1] It takes me 1:30 Min (90 seconds), for internet to start after turning on Modem, is it normal? Any way to speed things up?
2] How to know tht internet connection is established? What light I have to monitor…
2] What does, ADSL/Internet & Port Light blinking means?

PS: I am using Wired Modem frm MTNL.

1. Seems a bit long, but this timing could be due to any number of reasons. You might be better off leaving the modem on and simply unplugging the ethernet cable when you want to not be online.
2. ADSL usually means that a connection between your modem and the DSLAM has been established and as such you should have *connectivity*... but...
3. There isn't usually any light to say that you have an active connection (which on an ADSL modem is usually PVC0)... the only way to tell you're actually connected to the network (except being able to browse the web) is on the modem/router's status page.

check your dns ...may be it is using old dns which are feed in default settings of modem