Question regarding multiple Set Top Boxes on single Jio Fiber connection

• Thread starter Thread starter ViK619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,408

ViK619

ISP
Jio Fiber
Guys I had a Jio fiber connection(A) with STB since January 2021, today I got a new Jio fiber connection(B) with STB. Now when I tried playing the older STB with new connection it is working fine, showing the profile details of new connection and all.
Now my question is can I keep both the old and new STB's and play them both in different rooms with the new Jio fiber connection? My older connection still has 10 days left to recharge, I don't plan on keeping the old connection just the STB from the old connection. Will the older STB work even after the expiry of the older connection or is it somehow attached to the old router and Jio guys can disable it remotely at a later date?
Hope I am clear enough.

Thanks.

You can. Actually Jio themselves provide an additional STB if you pay.

You can. Actually Jio themselves provide an additional STB if you pay.
Thanks, thats what I wanted to confirm, they let you buy a new STB but wasn't sure whether they attach it to a single router or not?
So we can use a STB from another connection with a new connection with no danger of them blocking/banning it if I don't renew the older plan?

Last edited:
I have decided to not renew the older plan without submitting a disconnection request. Let's see whether the old STB continues to work or not after the expiry of older plan.