Question for Coolbuddy

• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 11,355
of course anything that justifies to be called documentation 😛 i wish it a lot that mediawiki had installed 🙁

finally 😀 115kBps 🙂sify+mtnl+mtnl

Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 21 2005, 12:26 AM
finally  😀
115kBps 🙂

sify+mtnl+mtnl

dude you say you have three 256Kbps connections but you are getiing 105Kbps when you should be getting somewhere around 75-80.how was 105 possible?
does fusing connections drastically increase your actual speed?

arun read the whole threadHe is one lucky chap.cause one of his mtnl 256 is set for 512so he get 512 ka speed 256 ke dham pe!that is why he is getting 105

spot on mate 🙂one of my dsl syncs at 618 517..so dats y getting 115kBps using 3 connections.and yes it really does increase speeds.but only in places where u can use multiple threads/connections like download managers and in newsgroups.

COOL!SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!btw muttster i noticed you are using limewire pro.I used limewire pro once.Was really good for a week,infact the best one i have ever experinced.But after a week It stared slowing down my PC,and later my PC crashed because of limewire.Any solutions on how to avoiding this?

umm dunno just try the a newer pro version (find it on a torrent easily 😛)are u on winxp? are u sure u didnt download some virus ?limewire pro is great for me..get any song at full speeds...(multiple connections work in it too)..

ne of my DSL NU is configured as 618 517 or sometimes even 640 512..so that gives me around 53-54kBps[/b]

can you please explain this configured part?

also if we go for another connection +dsl nu wch do you suggest it to be??
thanks

hello. frinds.,

i also want to bind two internet connections..,,

but i am using two gprs enabled mobile phones....and two connecting medium. one is cable another is bluetooth.,

i also set up as described above using wingate s/w...,.,

but whenever i connect two connections..... everything works fine., i have also set up proxy 127.0.0.1:1111

but out of my two connections., the connection first dialed does not transfer data., only second connected connection is used for data transfer., as i can see this in dial connection's status....

so i need ur help..,.,

pls. help me....regarding same.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are two internet connections from the same machine, unless multi-link is enabled, the available bandwidth of the connection does not add up effectively. The machine first uses the internet connection defined by the default gateway, and only when this is not available / times out, is the other path used. Or if an application specifically specifies a path(gateway), then that connection would be used. Earlier versions of Windows - don't remember which version though - supported multi-link for dial up modem connections. One could connect multiple dial up modems and have increased speed, if the multi-link option was checked. I do not find that option in XP / 2003.Maybe some software is available for multilinking - I remember Cisco offering a multi-link PPP quite sometime back. Dont know the current status. Multi-link PPP should definitely work for multiple broadband connectionsDownload managers effectively increase the download speed by using a different logic. In most cases, the bandwidth of the Internet connection from the PC to the ISP is not the constraint - but somewhere in the path to the target site (server), the bandwidth is limited. So by opening multiple connections to the target site (server) - each connection could be taking a different path - the bottleneck is avoided. The download managers effective do "multi-linking". The limitation is then only the bandwidth of the connection.I am not aware of any download manager effectively using multiple Internet connections to the PC - they only open multiple sockets from one Internet connection.On my 256K connection, I easily get about 190 KBps to 210 KBps from most sites, without a download manager ! Have not used download managers after the 2 Mbps upgrade !!!! But I do not see much scope for improvement with the speed that I am getting these days.

okkk.,i got the solution.....i have to switch off windows firewall to both connections work proper.,now i can download using two gprs connections & both connections status shows data transfer...thank you all guys.....now m going to add two more phones, means total 4 mobile phones binding for speed...,.,so i will tell u later my experience..