• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,557

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Next month I will be going to Norway .. I will be changing the flight from heathrow ..So do I need transit visa for UK?Last year when I went to US and tht time the stoppage was at Amsterdam .. So there was no need for any transit visa ..I was just wondering if its the same for UK also or if transit visa is needed there ..

If you've booked yourself on a single ticket(New Delhi-Norway) and if your connecting Flight is at LHR then NO you do not need any visasBut if you've booked yourself on two separate tickets Delhi-London and then London-Norway you will need a transit visa.Basically if your checked in till Norway from Delhi you wont have a problem.You would Only need a Visa if1. You need to collect your baggage and check in again in LHR2. Your connecting flight is at another airport

tht is gr8.. thx a lot ..But u know there r lots of conflicting things abt this issue.. some say it is needed and some say its not needed..UK site says Direct air transit visa is needed .. So confused ..

Passengers exempt from the DATV requirementHolders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds, or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf: 1. a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country for which the visa is held; 2. a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from the country for which the visa is held to another country or territory; 3. a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America to another country or territory, provided that the transit passenger does not seek to transit the United Kingdom on a date more than six months from the date on which they last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America with a valid visa for entry to that country; 4. a valid USA I-551 Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 21st April 1998; 5. a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 28th June 2002; 6. a valid common format Category D visa for entry to an EEA State; 7. a valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002; 8. a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People’s Republic of China; or 9. a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or 10. a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

I have C class schengen visa ..U know its absolutely idiotic of UK govt to make this rule .. y the hell one need a visa for 2hrs .. I don't even have to go through immigration but still we need DATV.To get DATV vfs uk is saying will take 4 weeks time and Rs.3000 per applicant .. Nice way to make some money ..Look like I have to reschedule my journey .. and tht means more loss ..From now on traveling through UK will be a big NO for me ..

Do i think its painful for Indians to take transit visa - YesDo i think its idiotic and wrong on UK Govt's part - NOWe have our fellow Indian brothers and sisters to blame who try to reach foreign shores by any means (forged papers, false declaration for H1B, human trafficking etc) for strict rules by foreign govts against Indian passport holders. Forget UK & US, even malaysia had to withdraw visa on arrival for indians after 6 months 🙂BTW if you want to avoid transit visa hassle, fly Emirates or Etihad. Much better than BA/AF/Lufthansa.

Why dont you just re-route your journey through Amsterdam or Germany or any other european countries?

@ethanhunt .. immigration and transit r different thing altogether .. One just can't cross immigration without valid visa ..But when in transit its a different thing.. U can't go out of airport so I don't know what's the use of giving direct air transit visa.. It is just used to make money ..@y2s ..I am seriously considering tht .. either Amsterdam or Frankfurt .. But the prob is I can't get the money refunded if I cancel the ticket cos of some BS airline policy .. lolzz ..But if transit visa take time then I won't have any option but to cancel the current one and book another ticket ..

I think all airlines do Issue a refund, but will charge a fine.Which airline do you have tickets on atm?

Its virgin atlantic .. connecting flight is SAS ..They r saying tht ticket can be cancelled but they will not refund the money.. they will credit my account with points and anytime in next 1 year I can purchase a ticket using tht ..

Virgin does not operate in India, That means you would be flying jet, Try asking Jet to re-route you through Brussels.

They code-share with jet- You will be flying a jet airways plane to London.