Question about torrent usage

• Thread starter Thread starter m_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,890

m_k

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends i am new to the forum. I am using bsnl broadband and i have a question about using torrent. Is downloading from torrent ok?? I understand the risk of geting infected with viruses, but apart from that is their any other problem like getting warning latter from bsnl or disconnection of internet service by bsnl etc........... Do you people use torrent offen?? Please adviceThanks

Its not an offence here as of now. We all use it.

Thanks jaymin good to know its not crime atleast in india. Well then its time to start downloading.....................Thanks again guys.............

Torrenting is not a crime. But what you download is based on your ethics, and what files are considered illegal.

Hi friends i am new to the forum. I am using bsnl broadband and i have a question about using torrent. Is downloading from torrent ok?? I understand the risk of geting infected with viruses, but apart from that is their any other problem like getting warning latter from bsnl or disconnection of internet service by bsnl etc........... Do you people use torrent offen?? Please advice

Thanks
well no danger for another 4-5 years i guess!! 🙂
getting warning letter from BSNL.!? 😛 😛 dont even worry about it in your dreams!!
and even in US...people who use torrents occasionally get warning letters form their ISPs..but they dont even matter to those users 🙂

Thanks bobbyguitarist......... and ya i also think downloading from torrent for personal use will be safe until our government offices stop running pirated version of windows. @rshashathe price. I nk about moral ........ the real cause for piracy is am trying to buy the original version of the OS for more than 4 months. But I am not able to do that because of its cost.AS we are able to get it free of cost,our mind automatically turns towards the pirated copies.If we are able to get them for least amount, I will go for the original versions only and also most of us will do with the original only. look at the book industry they have special Indian addition which are in the price range we can afford and i don't see any piracy in the book industry, why Microsoft can't take same path is beyond me. And for the other software there are many free alternative which i use. As for the movies in our area Hollywood movies are just rare, here in the cinema hall we see only about 3 to 4 Hollywood movies in a year and if i go to buy a DVD then there is not a single shop which sell original DVD. So what are the choices we have left?

Thanks bobbyguitarist.........i also think downloading from torrent for personal use will be safe until the government offices stop using pirated version of windows. @ rshashank as for moral.......the biggest cause for piracy is the cost. The original software price range is too high for the common people. I myself wanting to buy original OS for more than 4 month without success because of the price so naturally we go for pirated version which we are getting free and this problem won't be over until the software company understand the situation. Look at the book industry they have special Indian addition with a price range which the common people can afford and i don't see any piracy in book industry. why Microsoft can't take same path is beyond me. as for movies here Hollywood movies are just rarely come to cinema hall and if i go to buy a DVD there are not a single shop which sell original DVD, so what are the choices we have left besides going for pirated version?

Another thread where i m mentioning this, in a matter of few hours.......hehe!!If u really want to reduce use of pirated stuff, then Open source options are worthy of consideration!! Atleast we can go legal in software & OS & such stuff.......i am a recent convert from Windows XP to Linux Mint.

Another thread where i m mentioning this, in a matter of few hours.......hehe!!

If u really want to reduce use of pirated stuff, then Open source options are worthy of consideration!! Atleast we can go legal in software & OS & such stuff.......i am a recent convert from Windows XP to Linux Mint.
I agree with you jaymin and believe me except the OS everything is freeware in my laptop. I thought about migrating to linux but only problem is i never used it before and i don't have a separate computer where i can try linux before total migration.

Well, all i will tell u is, it fits easily in ur system, without having to format......but if u r seriously considering migration, then there are other threads for better advisors than me. They helped me out. I installed it myself & right now i am using Linux only.

linux cant act as replacement of windows...we have some softwares which doesnt have linux version...so forced to use windows :cursing:

I think except games, u have replacement for most things.......

Replacement is wrong word I think....proper word is "alternative"..yes we have alternative for almost all the popular tools but when someone wants to use particular software and they dont have linux versions of that then we have to switch to windows

@ Dilip....Yes i have heard of it, but i dont know how successful it is. And i am not bothered to find out, coz i dont find time to play games these days.@ almon,Which specific apps u are talking about?