question about splitter

• Thread starter Thread starter LEARNBIKE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,852

LEARNBIKE

ISP
bsnl
I want to ask how can i put a splitter in the middle of bsnl phone line that comes from the tower in front of the house to my roof. I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire .the question is splitter that i have requires rj45 port . i want to ask if there are simple splitters available that i can use means which just take the mire in them ,not the rj45 type but simple copper wire in them or should i just make a joint in the middle of thewire and take other wire to room through that joint .

I want to ask how can i put a splitter in the middle of bsnl phone line that comes from the tower in front of the house to my roof. I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire .

the question is splitter that i have requires rj45 port . i want to ask if there are simple splitters available that i can use means which just take the mire in them ,not the rj45 type but simple copper wire in them or should i just make a joint in the middle of thewire and take other wire to room through that joint .

Make sure you split main cable in two cable one will be connected with broadband and another will be connected with telephone other wise you will have problem of frequent disconnection due to poor cable BSNL system. I experienced it. So, I advised. I do not know if they have solved that problem.
You can do one thing you can buy multiple cordless whose main device will be connected to BSNL wire while rest of cord less will work from main cordless. There is no need to connect each cordless with the link.

If you split cable in to more cable, it will give you poor performance.

Yeah making joint is giving me the problem of disconnection too, so is there a splitter available that takes main copper wire and i can take out 2 lines out of it. cuz i didnt find such splitter online ,the one i have or i found online takes rj45 socket wire (that u put in ur phone) and not direct main line wire.

I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire

Extra modem? U planning two modems on one line? Not possible.

Also you would need two usernames. Which aren't provided on one line. And usernames given on other lines won't work on your line.

It is rj11 wire. rj45 is bigger.

Yup only rj11 Ports possible. Aim is to direct Adsl to modem and reduce noise on phone line. Rj 45 splitters only split the signal. strongly suggest against any alteration to the main line. Cutting it will cause more attenuation. You might have to replace the whole line to eliminate joints then.

Provided the line n distributed properly, you can install n mumber of connections, but it'll take a hell lot of wiring to that.

Provided the line n distributed properly, you can install n mumber of connections, but it'll take a hell lot of wiring to that.
yes, but port binding? SNR will drop crazy!

@LEARNBIKE not being negative.. but if u badly want to do this, u will need the following:
a non port bound username (from BSNL, which they are hesitant to give) + your regular username
increased speedcap (addition of both connection dataplans)
dedicate extra strength via BSNL dp to match the SNR

wiring.. main line>>normal non adsl two way rj11 splitter>> adsl splitter on both nodes leading to modem>>finally individual modems on each node

No no, I'm not suggesting using a different user name pw, he'll be better off getting a new line in that case. I'm talking connecting multiple modems with the same user name pw on a single line, has no effect on snr at all.

No no, I'm not suggesting using a different user name pw, he'll be better off getting a new line in that case. I'm talking connecting multiple modems with the same user name pw on a single line, has no effect on snr at all.

i dont see a reason why to install multiple modem with same username? one modem should remain off whilst other is on.. else other doesn't receive link, just attempted. which is the same as having one. he should rather get a wifi router. i think we'd wait for him to specify his question first! 😛

----------

Btw how does it show your isp name as BSNL in the speed test ?

I know! just noticed now. uptil now it would show NIB. try doing a speedtest, what does you'r show? Guess BSNL doesn't have it's backbone any more! :iconrofl:

I want to install 2 modems on one line , yes i would not be using both simultaneously as it isnt possible , I want to have two modems on ame line as the signal of the first wifi modem doesnt reach 1st floor and I already have one extra modem with me.
The setup of line is like this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/94409582.jpg/

I want to install 2 modems on one line , yes i would not be using both simultaneously as it isnt possible , I want to have two modems on ame line as the signal of the first wifi modem doesnt reach 1st floor and I already have one extra modem with me.
The setup of line is like this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/94409582.jpg/

At the first split: I'm guessing u already cut the wire, make sure its a good insulated joint and pray attenuation doesnt increase.. If u havent: normal rj11 (non adsl) phone line splitter at 2nd modem and run the wire up tp 1st modem.

However setting up a better wifi router or a wifi repeater is the wise thing todo.. u should get one 2k onwards.

hey why did you suggest to put normal splitter before modem 2 and bringing the wire to modem 1 . can i use adsl plitter at both joints??? the joint that i made isnt working properly. The problem with joint is that the 2nd modm works fine but in first one frequent disconnections occur , and i dont understand this cuz first modem links directly to main (through joint ) but still it has disconnection problem whereas when i use 2nd one ( 1st one off ofc) ,it works fine .

hey why did you suggest to put normal splitter before modem 2 and bringing the wire to modem 1 . can i use adsl plitter at both joints??? the joint that i made isnt working properly. The problem with joint is that the 2nd modm works fine but in first one frequent disconnections occur , and i dont understand this cuz first modem links directly to main (through joint ) but still it has disconnection problem whereas when i use 2nd one ( 1st one off ofc) ,it works fine .

lets use proper nomenclature. adsl splitter is in actual a filter. the other is just a plain splitter.

1. reason why a splitter is to preceed filter: filters will give u two outputs.. one adsl and one filtered telephone outlet.. now considering adsl output went to your modem, u dont want to send telephone output to other modem would you? hence u split signal 1st then filter it near modem.

2. I'm guessing the line going to your 1st modem is shorter than the other one. but to my best guess damage has been done. you WILL experience frequent disconnections, building as carbon deposits on the joint. try asking a bsnl lineman to make the joint for you. he'd distribute it good. but now u dont need a splitter do u?

Hey i'm facing another problem with joint , when i make a new joint ,the line attenuation and SNR both are about 33 .but if i put a plastic tape around the joint ,attenuation rises above 40 . but if i dont put a tape around the joint ,then the joint works fine for 10-15 days then again attenuation rises cuz of copper corrodes ,i dont know what to do pleases suggest some method to keep the joint work fine for long time . PS I have 2 more joints in line but taping them isnt a problem and line attenuation remains same but this joint of 3 wires is causing trouble and i have to make new one after every 10-15 days.