Question About Modem And Settings

trump

trump
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2005
Hi Friends, finally i took the airtel 999plan and stopped using sifyi don't know if this question is previously answered but on searching i didn't find the answer i wanted.Situation= airtel guy today installed the modem= YOZAN - Web Distributor IIand he installed some software from airtelcdand opened configuration page ,setted bridge modeand created pppoe connection and putted username and password in it,But i said i need a connection that start working the moment pc is startedmeans i don't wanted to dialup everytimebut he said this is not possible in this modem=YOZAN - Web Distributor II[ on asking for some guide-he says no guide comes for this modem]so i said ,give me that modem which workshe said= that modem is no longer in stock and said =after 15 days he can change the modem.now questions are=Q1= is this modem [YOZAN] only works in bridgemode ?2=and if i change this modem,what model should i ask for which works directly [without login everytime]?thx for any info

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
weird. yozan are real old models from airtel. they give beetel 220 bx and others now. decent models... :-s

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
Ask him to get you a Beetel 220bx ASAP. If he is unresponsive, call up CC and put in a request. I get the feeling that these guys respond better when you contact CC directly since it probably has implications towards their incentives package.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
oh yeah. talking to the local guy is not going to help much. just complain at the customer care center. get a ticket. and keep following on it till the problem is resolved.

trump

trump
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2005
thx for replying,so i'll ask for beetel 220 bx,the person who came for installation said to wait for one week,but i want to know is there any problem you guys face with this modem[beetel 220 bx] because in some threads there was some discussion of port forwarding and other stuff,although my pc doesn't host any server, so that will not be a problembut i occasionally use azareus , so does that work ok with this model?

vivekmn

Mar 6, 2006
Delhi
in yozan modem configuration page,u can specify the username and password and the net will be connected when u start the pc.I m using this modem only.

vivekmn

Mar 6, 2006
Delhi
i m currently using the beetel 220 bx modem for testing purposes.As soon as I get back on my Yozan modem,i will tell u the steps involved.Maybe,u will have to wait for a day or so.

trump

trump
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2005
ok vivekmnand after checking beetel 220 bx modemtell which moden[220bx or yozan] u think is better