• Thread starter Thread starter Argus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,004

Argus

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home 512 Unlimited
If I sell my Huawei 880 ADSL modem and purchase a WiFi modem from BSNL, will I be able to surf net simultaneously from my Lappy as well as my PC ? My Compaq lappy has WiFi built in and for my desktop PC I will either connect it to the modem with usb or I'll get a wifi lan card.

Basically it would be my PC that will be connected to the WiFi modem all the time. I just want the facility to be able to switch on my lappy and be able to update its antivirus definitions, or just do some casual surfing from another room in my home . . . . while there are downloads going on at my desktop pc.

Is it possible. Please help resolve my doubt.

yes , it is possible . you can simultaneously use your net connection on both .I'd suggest to get a good quality WiFi modem (not from Huawei pls) . and dont forget to secure your wireless connection ...

Thanks for the reply mate 🙂

Actually the bsnl guys told me that they can upgrade my Huawei 880 ADSL modem with their WiFi one and they will charge me just the exchange cost which comes to around 800 bucks. (Huawei 880 modem costs Rs.1200 and WiFi one costs Rs.2000 so the diff is Rs.800). If I were to obtain a new WiFi modem from some independent vendor, it would not only cost me more than Rs.2000, I would also have to bear the burden of finding a buyer for my Huawei 880 modem.

Is there any strong reason for avoiding bsnl's WiFi modem ??

^ Huawei modems are generating much heat & may not work continuously for > 4 hours . This is the main reason ...

Can someone suggest any low-budget WiFi modem for BSNL connection (other than Huawei). My requirements are stated in post #1.Any rough idea of the cost would be welcome too 🙂

I have a small doubt. How many computers/Mobile phones can we use simultaniously in BSNL UL900 plan?