Query regarding Samsung Pay and NFC/MST in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 6,910
@Sushubh as rightly said, since there is very less usecase of NFC, low cost phones try to avoid NFC to bring down costs. Even my very educated colleagues don't know about NFC payments, then common man on street will hardly know or try that 😀
I tried only once to pay by NFC through Samsung Pay at clothes store. But it was not working. And since there was big queue behind me, counter person was also not willing to participate in my experiment of Samsung Pay NFC 😕
In my new Samsung phone, I didn't even bothered to add Cards. Samsung Pay (Wallet) is now used for UPI payments occasionally.

I do use it 15-20 times in a month at local grocery stores.

But that would also be like paying by debit/credit card. So are shopkeepers willing to bear extra charges associated with card payments?

It's Gurgaon 😬. Most stores have no option but to accept Credit cards. Grocery stores have good enough margin. So usually never a problem. I am talking about bigger ones where you collect stuff from shelfs yourself. Not the smaller ones where you ask the shopkeeper to get you stuff. They don't accept cards. And of course, medical stores don't crib about card payments.

pEph8FU.webp

I have 2 RUPAY CC's that i use it in UPI transaction. Rest VISA/MASTER cards are very difficult to carry based on billing date. Multiple cards...yes...kind of a headache😛

I can't seem to add my cards anymore. Even though it's on the supported list. My friend who got the same phone from UAE can easily add and it works 10/10 also.

I have tried everything including changing my Samsung account to India. Last year when I added my cards, it was set to somewhere else, but then a few months back the app got updated and all my cards were removed. I cannot change it back to another country for the next 1 year.