Query regarding Reliance Jio AirFiber

ISP
Reliance JioFiber
In today's AGM, Ambani said they are gonna launch jio airfiber. I am just wondering since it will catch signal from jio towers so wont the speeds be similar to that of normal jio 4g/5g ?
Any idea how will it gonna maintain fiber like speeds when more users will get latched to the same tower ?

On speeds, yes, technically it will be similar or better. On capacity, any operator will follow the same strategy... either upgrade the capacity or just postpone the upgrade indefinitely. There is lot more to it. We can't predict how it will go on from limited info we have.

My guess is it would be point to point using millimeter wave in dense areas and 3.5ghz band in rural areas.

More like tikona but using their own dedicated bandwidth unlike tikonas free ride where anyone could interfere would make all the difference.

Lets see then. If they could provide fiber like experience. It would then be a great thing for all the people in rural areas where there is no stable internet.

I think it will be similar to 5G home internet similar to what is being provided in US like T-Mobile 5G Home Internet .
It will be just a better JioFi like device with 5G mmWave support and unlimited data and Ethernet ports and better home WiFi.
It will be most beneficial in rural areas for those who require unlimited data and doesn't have fiber available,

Even if it is tmobile like ready to use modem.
100mhz on 3.5ghz band can easily go past 1gbps. Considering 1.25gbps EPON line is split to 64+ users by local isp with unlimited plans.

Even 1tb fup on wireless plan give enough room to most of users to not saturate the link.
Plus jio has 10+10 on band 28 and i think they would gradually shift band 3 to 5g only. Also congested business district can use mmwave too where few gbps speed is attainable.

rolled out JioAirfiber Home Gateway, a wireless plug-and-play single device wifi hotspot that will allow consumers to access fiber-like, ultra-high-speed internet at homes and offices.
That's what it says in notes too, so I guess it'd be like T-Mobile.

From what moneycontrol (arm of ril) mentioned it will have a cpe at the customer premise. So looks like similar to BSNL Air Fiber. T-Mobile's one don't have that. It will be interesting to see how they implement it.

Regarding CPE device, it is going to be an indoor device. This is confirmed in the AGM as well. That's why the speeds are going to be just like our mobile devices.

BSNL provides outdoor CPE. The difference between an indoor and outdoor device is huge, particularly with respect to latency, uptime and sticking to a single high quality band, etc. With an indoor CPE, it acts as a mobile with hotspot.

I have been using an outdoor CPE (Mikrotik sxt LTE) for 4g internet for over a year. There is a world of difference between this (an outdoor CPE) and our normal mobile that could be considered as indoor CPE.

If its similar to that hope there wont be network congestion problem
Yeah there will be congestion problem. As it is not like BSNL's air fiber. But since they will be using 5G SA then I guess, speeds will be good. Also it is meant to be used in places where fiber connection is not feasible and requires unlimited data

Never underestimate the power of mmWave...
Also,since 3300 Mhz can hit gigabit speeds,we should expect great performance from mmWave frequency. IMO,the bandwidth is not gonna be a problem. The locked down router will be as with jiofiber. If they allow ip passthrough or 3rd party router usage,then we can really rely on it. Also,5g has enough spectrum. Tikona had only 20mhz to begin with,including interference by every other wifi user. They have clean highway of 100 mhz in 3300Mhz and about a Ghz of mmwave. If the cpe is mounted outside,it will surely latch on mmwave. I expect it to be way faster than normal fiber installation. Is another price drop in fiber plans too much to ask for🤞?