query/doubt/prob about new 3g sim and speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Cyberster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,528

Cyberster

ISP
BSNL
today i got bsnl 128k 3g sim from bsnl office...
sim cost = rs 59
recharge = rs 52
total = rs 111 (pulse - second)

i want to activate 4200 3g unlimited plan... but I want to confirm about speed first... i dont wanna any risk of wasting rs 4200 for speed like 2g...

so,
this sim has 7 days unlimited (abt 44gb) for free data usage... also sms, vdo call, blah blah blah etc free balance...

I've connected through normal 3g settings. (apn: bsnlnet, no proxy, auth - normal) using micromax mmx310g data card...

latency is good, even was playing CS 1.6 with < 150 latency without any prob...but, it gives me only 30-40kBps(max-hardly) download speed (240~320kbps conn speed) same as bsnl 2g speed ... one of my friend getting 300+download speed here...

is my speed limited by bsnl for next 7days? will I get proper 3G speed after activate 4200 plan?

p.s: full signal, 3g + H showing, device is ok. tried on SE j105 (3.2mbps supported) too, same result.

thanks in advance...

Check if 3G is enabled in your SIM or not.As reported in other thread the 7 day unlimited plan is closed after 31st, you need to check balance after usage to confirm.If you are using micromax dialer i am not sure how does it differentiate between normal gprs and 3G connection ?In Huawei modem, E160/3565 and others you see Green L.E.D. for GPRS connection and Blue in case of 3GPlease check thoroughly before you pay Rs.4200/- I was about to recharge for 2500 today and luckily tested the BSNL 3G speed, it was a nightmare, most of the time no data transfer, if i say pathetic, it would be more of a insult of this word itself.

yeah, I've 44gb data left... one of my friend had got same sim 7days ago, and happen same with him...

about, mmx 310g - 2g: yellow, net connected violet; 3g: blue, net connected green, no network red color led signal...

is there any small amount data recharge available for 3g? so i can check speed atleast... 🙁

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

i found this: www.upe.bsnl.co.in/download/curr_mob_voucher.pdf

so, data recharge start from 10 😀

but the question is, is data recharge different than normal recharge? 😱

Sl. No
Prepaid Plans
MRP of FRC in Rs. (Incl. of S.T)
Service Tax @10.30% in Rs.
FRC price in Rs.
Usage value in Rs.
Validity in days
General 120
Super 350*
Super 650 *
Super 1350*
source
will I've to recharge one of them ^ to get proper 3g speed?

Update: my friend give me his 3g sim (same plan, everything same)... yesterday his 7day ul got over... today I recharged his sim wit rs 10 (20mb for 1 day 3g plan)... but same speed 🙁 now I'm very sad... I wont take 4200 plan with this speed 🙁 never...what to do with speed?

better change your modem, my old micromax modem gave me pathetic speed and now when changed to umg1831, the speed is considerably good.

better change your modem, my old micromax modem gave me pathetic speed and now when changed to umg1831, the speed is considerably good.

modem is 101% ok. i got 200kBps+ using another sim (59+frc120)
read full post...

maybe problem is with frc52

one of my friend get frc120 and he is getting 200kBps download speed...

frc52 is saral anant and frc120 is general.
can anyone tell me difference between saral anant and general plans except validity, pulse, cost???

i have yet to check evening and night speedsbut morning and afternoon you only get broadband speeds (64kbps) only it goes to 100kbps for very few seconds,very early morning you get 400kbps(3.5mbps) continuously.throughout midnight it fluctuates 400-64kbps

Its here :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid

According to above link all FRC are entitled to get one month unlimited from date of activation. And all above FRCs are for 3g sim only.

sorry, i mean "except validity, pulse, cost"...

i've already seen that before...

today i called bsnl customer care, he told me frc52 is actually 2g plan with 3g benefits but frc120 is proper 3g. dont know how speed differs?

anyone did frc52 here? if yes, then - whats your speed?

i guess no one have this kind of speed issue with frc120...??...

:isorry:

UPDATE: Today I got another SIM from BSNL office... now FRC is 120, so - its general 3G plan...

but still same speed! Don't know what to do! 🙁

BUMP!

UPDATE: cust.care took my complain and gave me a complain number... and told me this'll be fixed ASAP...

dont know what is the ASAP length of BSNL cust.care...

btw, this case happens with all new 3G SIM...

one of my friend who getting near 200kBps download speed, told me there is two types of 3G connection. one is 256kbps (like mine) and 2mbps+. he also told me there must be some power activated, so mine is getting 256kbps connection. I must turn the power packs off to get into 2mbps+ connection... but bsnl guys made frc 120, nothing more... i'm getting very confused day by day!

dont know what is the ASAP length of BSNL cust.care...

ASAP can also be As Slow As Possible.

one of my friend who getting near 200kBps download speed, told me there is two types of 3G connection. one is 256kbps (like mine) and 2mbps+. he also told me there must be some power activated, so mine is getting 256kbps connection. I must turn the power packs off to get into 2mbps+ connection... but bsnl guys made frc 120, nothing more... i'm getting very confused day by day!

I've never heard of 2 type of 3G connections, your friend must be referring to 3G SIM and the 2G Sim converted to 3G SIM by recharging for Rs.1
And BSNL guys can give any damn answer, they don't have enough trained staff and its not difficult to find a strange/ technically impossible answer from them.

I've never heard of 2 type of 3G connections, your friend must be referring to 3G SIM and the 2G Sim converted to 3G SIM by recharging for Rs.1
And BSNL guys can give any damn answer, they don't have enough trained staff and its not difficult to find a strange/ technically impossible answer from them.

I also guess that... 😛

now cust.care telling me there is no 256kbps 2mbps+ connection difference. because my balance is zero, and less than rs50 and my number is new, my number is not listed on their some kinda list... inspite of this, they gonna add me in that list so i can get proper speed. and told me to check internet speed after few time. it should be effected...

lets see...