Query about Unlimited recording

• Thread starter Thread starter sdas192
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,987

sdas192

ISP
bsnl
Sir I just Shifted Videocon d2h from Cable. But now I want to sift videocon D2H Normal to HD Digital Set Top Box with Unlimited Recording for recording option. Before shift i want to clear some Query.
1. can i record 1 channel and see another channel simultaneously?
2.will they give Hdd with HD Digital Set Top Box?
3. Recorded files are not playable on pc but i asking that can i record via tuner card Avermedia AVerTV Box PVR A229 (I already have it) again which already recorded via Stb recodring function so that they are playable on pc?

1. Yes
2. Depends on how much you pay and which STB you buy. You can buy a cheaper STB that will allow you to record to a pen drive or costlier STB which will have a 1000 GB internal HDD.
3. I'm not sure but I'm guessing not.

Doesn't seem to be working for me, I have the same box. The last time I had tried, it gave me a warning message.
I thought it required dual tuners which is present in the costlier one.

I remember getting that warning the first time I tried that. I'm not sure what changed but now I'm able to start recording a channel and then switch to other channels.
In fact, I tried to make sure before making my earlier post. I started recording, then switched to 2 other channels. The pause/rewind functions didn't work at this point because another program was being recorded. Then, I was even able to stop the recording while watching a different channel. I also watched the recording and it was fine.

can i record via tuner which i already recorded via STB? My tuner no need PC to record.
Anyone tried to record? Plz ans