Queries about Excitel Broadband

Shivam255

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 24, 2017
Hey Guys,
So in a couple of days im gonna apply for a new connection from excitel mainly because of their symmetric speeds, as i do run a youtube channel its gonna be big help. i do sometimes play online games like battlefield 1, with my current isp (Siti Broadband) i do get playable ping from Asian and European Servers and im a big torrent user, so again their symmetric speed are gonna help me with seeding.
So what do you guys think, should i give them a try considering my usage.
And One last question - do they provide a wifi router or we have to buy one ourselves. if we have to get one ourselves then which router would you guys recommend. my only requirement is that it should be a 5ghz ac wifi router, i think tp link archer c50 would be good enough but would love to get your suggestiions.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
you wont be able to play online games on excitel because of double nat i believe.
some lcos might provide routers but it is better to get a good one yourself.

Shivam255

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 24, 2017
okay one last thing, are they any good with seeding, do you guys get good upload speeds while seeding torrents.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
my personal experience trying to seed open source software and private torrents has been poor. there are people with better resources who take most of the load. on excitel, you are more likely to end up seeding with other excitel users as they get preferential treatment. others might have a better idea about seeding.

as for speeds, yes, upload speeds are good. you would love how fast content uploads to youtube.

john_dud

Regulars
Mar 13, 2017
To simply put it, any service that's peered with excitel will work just fine and everything else will suck. You can't game on their network because of constant packet-loss.

Sidharth P

Regulars
May 10, 2015
You can use a VPN to bypass NAT, it costs though (free ones are shit) and could add latency. If you want to game on VPN , find one with open ports and servers in India (preferably in Delhi).

Shivam255

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 24, 2017
one last thing, do i need to get my wifi router first or they don't need a router to test whether it's working out not

salaxzar

Regulars
Jul 16, 2008
They don't need a router to check whether internet is working or not (given you have a laptop with Rj 45 port).

Shivam255

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 24, 2017
and what are the things that i need to ask from excitel guy so that later on i can setup my wifi router.