QRHACKER.COM: Create customized QR Codes!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,021
Certainly. I bookmarked it as well. And i thought that the codes are useful only for storing Links. When i visited this site, i got to know that its lot more than just links!

ok just curious. Are there any Secret kinda QR codes? i mean they have to be mobile phone model specific! for example When a samsung SII scans a certain QR code they'll be directed to say google.comAnd when a LG optimus user scans the same QR code he'll be directed to any other website like yahoo.com ?

QR Codes are a standardized format. It is the website that can do the detection and redirect the user to different web pages.

QR Codes are a standardized format.

It is the website that can do the detection and redirect the user to different web pages.
So a website can know from which device we are accessing their site. So it CAN redirect users according to their phone models right?

well. i am not sure if android devices reveal the device information through the user agent.

well. i am not sure if android devices reveal the device information through the user agent.
well i saw that when i visit some mobile sites like zedge and mobile9.com they automatically detect the model of the phone am using.

So i got this doubt.

are you sure they display model specific pages? platform specific pages are a norm. android devices would get the android section and so on. model specific pages? i have never seen that happen.

are you sure they display model specific pages?

platform specific pages are a norm. android devices would get the android section and so on.

model specific pages? i have never seen that happen.
yeah. i went to zedge through corby and at the top right side they clearly mentioned Samsung GT-s3653!

didn't tried it through android phones still.

i suppose it should be possible to detect the exact model number in the native browser on different devices. 🙂

----------

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; Nexus S Build/GRK39F) AppleWebKit/533.1

this is from my phone so yeah. you can get the model number just fine.