Qn. reg. the forum software

nosh

Regular
Regulars
Sushubh,

I quite like the recent board upgrade but is there any way to see if the threads where I am active have new replies?
Currently I go to my profile and under the posts tab I open all posts which I think may have replies posted. I bring this up coz I participate in the forum at donationcoder.com and there are some pretty helpful links provided at login, esp. the one that lets me see if my active posts have any replies.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1188/clipboard01at6.jpg

seshu

Listener
Regulars
just for information :

Options --> Track this topic --> immeadiate e-mail notification

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Can't it be automated? Like in vBulletin, you are automatically 'subscribed' to the thread which you post in, and if there ae new replies, those threads automatically appear in the UserCP.

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
I don't like my inbox flooded with mails from a forum. I would rather prefer these updates in a place like my UserCP :( .

Sushubh

Administrator
make a filter. forward mails to that filter. assuming you are using gmail.

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
^ That's fine. But I would prefer it to be here, on the forum itself.

This feature (the tick marks on topics in which I have posted) is very handy. If I'm in a hurry, I take a look at only the subscribed topics and not all of them.

This one shows the updates in subscribed topics in my control panel.

Sushubh

Administrator
i think there might be some option where you can set not to recieve updates on threads which have not recieved a reply in x number of days. cant be sure.