QCI values of Airtel postpaid and prepaid?

• Thread starter Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,892
But he network engineer brother. These are meaningless. QCI values won't affect latency, at least not by that much (that itself screams don't compare).

@minuteman QCI value for both postpaid and prepaid on airtel is QCI 9. airtel has no preference for postpaid customers when network is congested. They did try to do that last year with their "Platinum network" offering. After Jio's complaint to TRAI, airtel stopped that within a month.

Please don't go by the words of someone who claims to be a network engineer and comfortably skips the part where speeds could depend on the handset used and the band to which the UE connects to.

P.S. I have NSG and confirm news from several users from different circles in India. I personally use both postpaid and prepaid.

Airtel has QCI 9 for Prepaid and Postpaid there's no difference between prepaid and postpaid in Airtel, Speeds, Latency everything will be the same (But latency can change for different sims be it any sim prepaid or postpaid both will have different IP Address and routing, so there will be slight difference)

I have both Postpaid and Prepaid SIMs, but havent checked for the difference in both. Was thinking to shift over to Prepaid. What do you suggest?
I don't even use 3 GB a month in my postpaid connection as i rely on wifi.