[Q] Delete my old Android device from my Google Play account.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,652

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
I upgraded from Samsung Galaxy 3 to Motorola Defy+ some weeks ago. Now I can see two devices in my Google Play/Android Market online. I don't want my old device to be associated with my Google account anymore as I sold it off.Is there any way to delete the device from my account? Temperorily I have made the device hidden. Any other workaround?

ooh. it has shown me my old N1 which is now owned by infernalproteus for more than a year now in my account for a long time... i checked it right now and it's gone finally.

ooh. it has shown me my old N1 which is now owned by infernalproteus for more than a year now in my account for a long time... i checked it right now and it's gone finally.

So it goes off after a while right? Any specific timeframe?

i would say easily an year? 😀

Hmm. That's quite long. Actually there should have been an option to disassociate a device from our Google Account. I wonder why they're not implementing it.

well yeah. technically they should have removed the phone from my account as soon as brian had enabled it on his google account.

well yeah. technically they should have removed the phone from my account as soon as brian had enabled it on his google account.

A doubt. Have you tried installing an app to the old phone using your Google account (when it was visible)? Will it get pushed to that device?

heh. nope. and i doubt it would have worked because the device no longer is logged in with my google account?