Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Anyone here using Reliance Broadband in Gurgaon? How is the service?
What to be careful of at the time of connection booking?
Can I use my own modem? Is TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Wired with Modem Router compatible with it?
If not, what modem to buy? Or Reliance would force me to use their hardware?
How much speed can I expect on the 4mbps plan? Do Reliance people use the excuse of contention ratio to justify poor speeds? I would be fine with 3.5mbps but not 1mbps.
Do they lay down the wire properly along the wall? Or would I have to get it done myself?
Any automated script app that works for logins?
How do you pay your bills?
Is there definitely no FUP on the 4mbps thunder plan?
What else to know?
I am considering buying a dual wan router to merge the two connections. Would it be possible with Reliance and BSNL? How does it work anyways? I mean would my surfing switch from one ISP to another randomly? It might not be a good idea during online shopping or checking internet banking accounts as change of IP would pretty much log me out!

I have almost the same queries. I am living in delhi and I'm fed up with MTNL. It is pathetic for online gaming but is only good for downloading. So I was hoping to get a reliance connection with a dual wan modem. But I don't know how to set it up and I don't think the reliance people will do it.

5 years ago my friend had reliance connection. and they were providing Broadband over telephone line just like Airtel. meaning its a DSL Broadband.

after turning on ur machine, open browser and go to any site. it will point to reliance login page where u need to login. i think you know this already..

this info is 5 year old so sorry if anything i said been wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.