• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,564
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance
Hi,
Allright, so my reliance broadband is giving me a public IP address x.x.x.0
As far as my knowledge, the address ending with 0 is used to represent a subnet (.0 and .255 are reserved).
Can anyone help me why am i getting such address?
Also, as always when I tried contacting Reliance customer care, their senior level engineers had no idea how it is working and also when I wrote an email asking for escalation, there was no response.
Note : I cannot ping this address from outside. I'm not sure how my traffic is getting routed with that IP.
Any help is much appreciated.

It is ip classless function which are relaince using on their network. it is perfectly fine. XX.XX.XX.0 is valid IP. All the last 5-8 years older network gears are by default ip classless.
Generally 0 would be considered as a network identifier and .255 would be a broadcasting address.
Now wheather you are not able to reach your IP from outside your network that is different story. checked windows firewall and ICMP rules in router ?

That makes sense. Thanks.
Now, when I called Reliance, they said that outside traffic is not allowed into the Reliance networks. That means I won't be able to access my PC from the internet. Can anyone with Reliance broadband, check if they can ping/traceroute/rdp their public IP address?

tried to trace my IP from BSNL 3G connection. Unreachable once the packet leaves from TATA (121.240.1.138) 8th HOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.