PSA - Internet bill reciept/card

ISP
Mtnl, Jio, Vodafone
I am primarily writing this as a Public Service Announcement from a lesson I that was retaught to me today.

To start off I always make regular payments of all my bills something I was taught as a kid because the people need the money to run their own businesses or households. Today I was on steam downloading a game I bought and I was getting 7.5 Mbps instead of the 50 Mbps I pay for so I called up the internet guy and during the conversation the person informs me about how there are pending amounts for multiple months including the current month which is ridiculous because I distinctly remember paying the bill for this month.

I should have mentioned this beforehand but my ISP is a local provider probably re selling internet and the guys come to my house to collect payment. Sometimes they give me receipt(clearly rubbish and not real GST bills but it serves as proof for them) but every now and then they do not give this receipt and they have me sign a card with names on it with the amount and address. Important to note all the months this guy mentioned were the month with the card signing. The only reason I kept my cool was because I have actually seen and talked to these people and they aren't a faceless huge corporation but whole situation did teach or the better word would be re instill a lesson I had learned early in life to have proof of payment. If the person I was talking to became adamant that I hadn't paid the amount I would not be able to furnish any proof of payment to the contrary.

Hopefully this will be sorted out and from now on I will be asking for a "bill" every-time and I would urge every single person to do this regardless of how small the business etc.

P.S. I am not confusing MBPS with Mbps let us just get that out of the way. I completely accept this as a fault on my part as I am a firm believer in caveat Emptor.

since my lco started accepting upi I just make payment and send a screenshot on whatsapp. Their own payment receipts are useless and I always lose it.

Sadly mine doesn't provide any online options. I also found out that the person I spoke to had come to my house and at that moment I did not have cash so I told him to come later and they did come the next day but not the same person.
Now this person is saying that payment was never made and I literally have no proof to show. It's a shame because I almost save most of my receipts and especially receipts for services/utilities but ever since I moved to auto pay the habit was lost. I made a bad decision this time. A lesson learnt.

just talk to the owner if he uses any app.

If you have his number you can check if he uses Google Pay or phone pe.

Everyone uses some upi app and there is no fee to accept upi payments so it quite convenient.

Yeah that is a good idea and I am going to do that although If this ISP guy asks me to pay the amount that he claims is unpaid I will probably pay it and disconnect the internet. Even though there aren't any other high speed option available to me but I rarely do big downloads so MTNL will do it for me and I keep my PC running almost 24x7 anyways to provide 24x7 support to my freelancing clients mostly through email so I can keep downloading in the background.
Lets see what happens the guy said he will be visiting but so far no one is here.
I have used UPI maybe twice and it was like you said pretty easy and convenient.

contact lco owner directly to sort out your payment issue, may be the payment collection guy is doing some fraud. Best would be to visit his office and for future opt for Google Pay/phone pe or something. No tension for keeping track of paper receipts.

Yes, I think that is what I am going to do. Thanks for all your wise advise I am going to take it.
Also, may I know what does ICO stand for? At first I thought it was a typo but I can see it is an actual abbreviation which I am unaware of.