• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,748
G

GAURAV7777

Regular
ISP
MTNL
as u all now that sify blocks access to port 119 used for newsgroupsi want a proxy so that i can bypass sifycan n e one help me ?

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i cannot :) i am on local lan.

G

GAURAV7777

Regular
ISP
MTNL
i need this very badlyas the vista and ie7 newsgroups are only on a nntp serverwhile all earlier betas done via windowsbeta and betaplace has webnews alsoso i need to access these somehow

P

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
Well no, we're not asking u directly sushubh.... :) Just asking if you or anyone else has any clue about what to do about this...And just as the above post, I also have a need for a proxy for IRC... As airtel blocks IRC ports!EDIT - Gaurav, why not temporarily use your BSNL landline to connect for just a few mins to net and get NNTP posts...

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
ahem. airtel blocks IRC in only your region. :D

G

GAURAV7777

Regular
ISP
MTNL
i would but the thing is i don't have a land linegot it disconnected 2 years agolooks like i will have to use r connectnow i would have to get a new data cable as my earlier one brokeas i can't find anything via google

T

Tushar

Regular
Either use some sofware for HTTP Tunneling or then ask someone with a good connection to give you shell access ;-)

T

Tushar

Regular
ie7 isn't all that great, and you need sp2 installed for it to work. Vista 32 bit only the dvd version has released and sadly I dont have a dvd writer :-(Decius, if you connect to a big irc server, they will always have another open port apart from 6667, try using 6668 . I asked my friend to open 6668 also for our irc server, so now I can connect to it easily ;-)Port 6667 has inbound and outbound traffic blocked.

T

Tushar

Regular
Those are http proxies they won't work for newsgroups