• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 10,223
its hard to select a VPN

proton - swiss based , proton email, partnership with firefox
PIA - no logs policy but its in US
surf shark - based on an island, checking reviews

@Navjot Singh is using SurfShark. Pretty happy with it. Unlimited users. Even has servers for international access to Netflix etc. During deals you can get a three year account for 50 dollars. Keep an eye on stacksocial type sites.

Last edited:
Logically speaking you could just share costs on an account with someone here. I have Pia for instance. With ten login support. Navjot could be interested as well. I think @dextermorgan was also planning on getting something from the dark web.

haven't tried it. most of these services have a trial period so you do not really need to pay for a month. just use the trial period offer and see which one works best for you.

Azire is another service that I liked when I played with their trial account.

mullvad has wireguard support! that's always nice to have. 😀

email is not the issue when it comes to VPN services. payment mode. only anonymous way is through crypto.

giftcards purchased with cash would be better.

Both gift card and crypto is not easy to get here. There was something in news about 10 years jail for buying crypto I didn't read the full article.

regulations are being created. it's not applicable yet.

you can also buy accounts on the dark web. dexter can probably guide you on the same.

but yeah... you would need to get your hands on some bitcoin probably.

so I thought about how to pay and for my current usage a normal payment method would be fine, if VPN provider follow their policy don't link ips to my account I would be fine. The only information a transaction proves is I have a vpn. Gift cards and bitcoin offers more deniability though.

Is there any thread about buying bitcoin without linking my pan, aadhar, bank acc to it ? on local bitcoin its funny some sellers don't want to mention anything about bitcoin , btc as remarks in payment but they want your pan or some other proof.

see. even in the high profile case of harrrasment, police still wrote to fb to get details of users

Thing is, unless youre really deep into illegal shit on national level, ISPs /govt dont bother with your data.

I have bought many times from localbitcoins without any address proof. If youre really paranoid, you can physically meet the sellers IRL and give cash and buy bitcoins.

You can buy giftcards from USA thru friend or directly from walmart/target sites or you can just buy bitcoins from localbitcoins and then buy the PIA/some other VPN services

just an update I tested both proton and mullvad

Proton has secure core feature which I liked but their app would stop working/disconnect randomly like if there is any packet loss issue or computer goes to sleep. There is no notification if VPN stopped working. Kill switch feature is there but it depends upon if their app is running and working properly.

Mullvad has sock5 proxy as additional protection to prevent accidental ip leakage. Put their proxy details in browser which can be accessed only via mullvad network so if kill switch fails, proxy will not connect.