Proof required to file a case in Consumer court against Sify broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeevan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,701

Jeevan

Hi all,I bought Sify broadband connection (256 kbps) last month.Total amount I paid was: Installation : 2000 Monthly : 915 (including tax) Plan : 8 a.m to 10 p.m 150 MB transfer and 10 p.m to 8 p.m UnlimitedFirst 20 days everything went fine. Although the speed wasn't 256 kbps, it wasn't bad, if I would have to admit. I got a download speed to around 20 kbps (btw, does Sify commit to any download speed).Then started the problem. I started to get connectivity issue. Problems faced by me.1) Error, Connection cable unplugged. In the last 10 days, atleast 7 days I have this issue.2) Customer service center gave very poor response. Every time I call, they say "your prblm will be solved in 24 working hrs"3) Technical stuff use abusive language.Now that I am totally upset, I want to move to Consumer court. What is the procedure?? What all proof would I have to submit, to make my case stronger??Any help/suggestion would be appreciated !!Thanks,-Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,
I had been using Sify till last month and was facing the same issues. Thats the reason i shifted to reliance broadnet... a nice connection... wold suggest u to do the same... Even i am planning to file a case against Sify for harrasement.... on my repeated request to them asking them not to call me regarding renewal, i get 2-3 calls daily... if u come to no of the proofs required then do let me no as well... my e-mail id is kewlchapmohit@gmail.com
Thanx,
Mohit Agarwal

one thing i can suggest is
1] record the tele conversesion with Customer care person. [this will help if they abuse u]
2] cable unpluge is CTO {cable tv operator} i.e local prob. so sify will say that we are not responsible for it and the u must complain to local OP. all u do is write a letter to sify asking who is responsible for taking care of the network once the CAT5 cable leaves ur house premises. send this letter via courier and ask for acknowledgement, this way they have to reply. if they say local network issue is not their headache [ which they wont say] then u have strong point saying that its sify who decided to us LAN as LAST MILE CONNECTION. i am a user of sify from past 4-5 yrs and whenever i have faced any problem i have always taken them to task, and always demand for compensation package when service is down or slow browsing. always do speed tests and keep a log of them , also maintain a log of the usage details in excel file , just copy them from ur account which sify provides. for speed test i suggest use DSL · Cable · VOIP · Security · Satellite · Fiber · News · Tips · Reviews · Community · Tools - dslreports.com [register here so u can maintain a history at their account] , Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test [ use singapore server] also the speedtest checker provided by sify.

@jeevanu paid a large sum for the connection...u can use recorded videos for poor connectivity in the video you can show the ip is being assigned by opening ,open n/w setting to show everything is fine with settings,show ping times...show sites not opening..show the programs running in backgroung(process explorer)....show everything is fine in your system ..in the video...u can use macromedia captivate

Dear jeevan,
u follow this link they are international consumor rights protection council they will elp you to register the case. Preparing and Filing Consumer Complaint at Consumer Court in India the only thing you shoul take 250 rupee DD and register the case. better u just go through this website.
thanks
girish [ Shooter balls]

QUOTE=Jeevan;79678]Hi all,
I bought Sify broadband connection (256 kbps) last month.
Total amount I paid was:
Installation : 2000
Monthly : 915 (including tax)
Plan : 8 a.m to 10 p.m 150 MB transfer and 10 p.m to 8 p.m Unlimited

First 20 days everything went fine. Although the speed wasn't 256 kbps, it wasn't bad, if I would have to admit. I got a download speed to around 20 kbps (btw, does Sify commit to any download speed).
Then started the problem. I started to get connectivity issue. Problems faced by me.
1) Error, Connection cable unplugged. In the last 10 days, atleast 7 days I have this issue.
2) Customer service center gave very poor response. Every time I call, they say "your prblm will be solved in 24 working hrs"
3) Technical stuff use abusive language.

Now that I am totally upset, I want to move to Consumer court. What is the procedure?? What all proof would I have to submit, to make my case stronger??

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated !!
Thanks,
-Jeevan[/QUOTE]