Processor Details

• Thread starter Thread starter ravinder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,717

ravinder

Hi,Can anybody tells me which processoris fater Intel core 2 - 1.8 GHZ Or Intel Dual Core 3.4 GHZ With details. I Need it for GAming Pc.Thanks

Core 2 Duo obviously...but go in for the 2.13 ( E6400 or E6600 ) one. It rocks! 😛

and well try to find applications which actually can make use of the extra cores.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Dec 12 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]70754[/snapback]
and well try to find applications which actually can make use of the extra cores.
[/b]
no need. the moment you run more than one process on a computer both cores are used. Yes, it would be useless if only 1 process is executing on a dual core processor but that never happens 😉

so he would be buying one core for firefox and another one for utorrent? 😛

With this much power, FireFox might be able to load sites better. At present loading sites like ibnlive.com takes CPU usage to 100%

Very correct,ff spikes the cpu usage instantly with ajax or some heavy js (not to mention about those java chat applets)...

note, that "spiking" the cpu, going to 100% is not necessarily a bad thing... its also a sign of good cpu utilisation 🙂

ha 😛i am not sure but digg sure makes my browser crawl sometimes. sites should not be eating up 100% of processors. atleast unless they are offering more than just plain text content.

For me its mostly Javascript / Flash that slows down FF/Opera.

My guess is, its because of webmasters who never bothered to test for these browsers.

Its time they start testing their sites for Non-IE browsers. After all, they count for more then 15% market now.

QUOTE(vishalrao @ Dec 13 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]70846[/snapback]
note, that "spiking" the cpu, going to 100% is not necessarily a bad thing... its also a sign of good cpu utilisation 🙂
[/b]

Yaa you paid 100% proce for CPU, you might as well use full 100% of that 😉

QUOTE(netfreak @ Dec 13 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]70843[/snapback]
With this much power, FireFox might be able to load sites better.

At present loading sites like ibnlive.com takes CPU usage to 100%
[/b]
what processor are you using? My pentium-M runs at 600MHz. When it loads ibnlive.com, it momentarily spikes upto 80-90%. At the peak of it, the processor scales upto 1200MHz ( NOT 1600MHz which is the max it can go ) where it utilizes the CPU at about 50-60% and immediately comes down to 2-3% usage and the CPU frequency is immediately scaled back to 600MHz.

Its Xeon 3GHz (my work PC). And CPU spike is present in both Linux and Windows version of FF and Opera.

Code:
7$ cat /proc/cpuinfoprocessor       : 0vendor_id       : GenuineIntelcpu family      : 15model           : 2model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHzstepping        : 9cpu MHz         : 3054.125cache size      : 512 KBphysical id     : 0siblings        : 2........bogomips        : 6094.84
And this is not the only site. Try opening bseindia.com and there are loads of other sites.. some work good on Opera not on FF and vice verse.

These sites do not consume more then 5 - 10% CPU on IE.

This not the fault of FF or Opera. Webmasters can tweak their JavaScript or ActionScript to work better on non-IE browsers i.e. if they have inclination or they have enough time in their hands.

so we are talking abt news websites requiring 1 gb RAM?i have a gig ram on my machine and sites like digg.com are still pathetic in both firefox and opera. not sure abt internet explorer...