Problems with hotmail on Sify

Hi !I have been using sify 64kbps for a while now, recently I have started getting problems with hotmail and now for the past 3 days I haven't been able to open up hotmail !!!!Can anybody help me on this, I have tried all the different combinations of the DNSAny help would be appreciated !!gemini_shooter 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

Funny. Hotmail is working fine on my side.

I know of 3 Sify DNS servers, 202.144.115.4, 202.144.66.6 and 202.144.15.30.Shuffle their order around and see. I can let you know of Reliance DNS servers too to try 😛

YEah but using Reliance dns server's may slow up :mellow: . Bcoz it will take less time to reach sify's dns servers .

Also hotmail doesnt depened on ur dns servers . U can do ping www.hotmail.com from command prompt and see if it resolves to ip . If it does then dns are working fine 🤔 . The ork of dns server is to just reolve hostname to ip address . data transfer isnt handled by it.

Most probably seems problem in browser . Delete all history/cookies/diles and try . OR as said above try opera or mozilla firefox . If then it doesnt work then call sify help line and f*** b*st*rd*

DNS servers would be needed to reach hotmail's mail servers. Afterall the mail servers are shown as hostnames only, not as just ip addresses.Besides you'd be surprised how a buggy DNS does strange things. Some websites open partially and then fail to open. I guess many other additional URLs are required to be resolved on certain websites and if resolution of one URL gets stuck, the whole website gets stuck.Also domain name resolution being slow/not working on Sify doesn't affect us trying out 3rd party DNS servers like Reliance's, if it's permitted by the netwprk configurations of the ISP and the 3rd party ISP. You don't have to be able to connect to your own ISP's DNS servers to be able to connect to another ISP's DNS serversAnd finally the entire problem with pings is that Sify blocks it totally. People who are able to ping any websites on Sify, please tell so because I have never been able to. If pings were allowed all kinds of troubleshooting would have been easier.

hanks for all the help people I finally got it working just had to change the order of some DNS'es 🙂 🙂 Anyways as inetbum said in the last reply pinging has become harder on SIFY, earlier, recently i have been unable to ping my IP even though my connection is working fine, all I did was change my firewall from zone alarm to norton internet securityAny clues !!!Zone alarm was just too good it blocked all traffic and it was almost impossible to connect to ip's in DC++ or torrents to dowload stuff so i changed to NIS 2005

What I meant when I talked about pings not being possible on Sify is that we can't ping any website on the internet.We should be able to ping our own ip (I hope you talk about the 10.x.x.x ip). Maybe someone using NIS would have an idea why you are not able to.

Ofcourse 202.144.15.30 is a DNS. I was told so by Sify Customer Care itself and it works for me when I use it.Actually Sify DNS servers are giving frequent problems to me, all of them. And I see I am not alone. Sify needs to fix all its DNS servers.

Yeah they are blocking ping at gateway level 🙁 i cant ping anyone out of my local range not even sam server bcoz its outta local range 🤔

In my case they block pings at the router which comes next to the gateway operated by the CTO. So it's not even under the CTO's control 😛 Just try a tracert to your SAM server or anywhere and see where your packets get dropped.